Tennessee

NWR: Things to do in Nashville

Hi ladies!

DH and I are taking a trip down to Nashville in late December to see Garth Brooks - YAY! We will be there Sunday -Tuesday and staying downtown. We were wondering if you gals had any advice as to places to go, things to do and see, places to eat, etc. Any suggestions are welcome - as we have never been there and want to make the most of our short trip!

TIA!!
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: NWR: Things to do in Nashville

• edited December 2011
    IF you want to keep the "country" theme going, you have to visit The Stage and Tootsies (bars). They are located right down the street from the Bridgestone Arena and are always a blast. You may also want to go and visit The Wildhorse Salon and Printer's Alley, two other well known country establishments in Nashville. Both are downtown too. If you are wanting to see a little Christmas while you are here...Def go to the Opryland Hotel...It will be back open by then (It was closed due to severe damage with our May Flooding.) If you are pretty random, just take a walk in Nashville...There's always something entertaining going on! I have lived here for 17 years and still get entertained every time I go into downtown Nashville.
  • EasyAsh1220EasyAsh1220 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would suggest the Opryland Hotel, it is re-opening after the flooding, and their Christmas display is crazy. Thousands and thousands of lights, and they have an atrium that you can walk around in, as well as restaurants and bars. Hopefully they will have the ICE! exhibit this year, though I haven't heard for sure, but they do a theme every year and make huge ice sculptures that you can walk around in, its a fun experience.    
    As far as downtown, Merchants is a great restaurant to check out, the upstairs is fine dining and the downstairs is more casual.
    There is the Country Music Hall of Fame, The Ryman
    I know I am forgetting a lot, its hard to think of things when you live here, but hope that gives you a place to start! :)
  • jkjwfu92jkjwfu92 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto PP, the Ryman and the CM Hall of Fame are great- as is Opryland at Christmas.  Also, try Robert's on Broadway- down the street from Tootsie's .  
  • edited December 2011
    Puckett's Grocery and Restaurant just opened a downtown location and it's AMAZING for great Southern, country food! I believe it's on Church St. but look it up!

I totally agree: country music hall of fame, opryland @ christmas, take a tour of the Ryman and if eating is your thing there's a Cheesecake Factory at the Mall at Green Hills. Enjoy your time here!!
  • Tikki 77Tikki 77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with most of the above.  Especially see the nightlife downtown on Broadway (and 2nd ave)  Always lots of nightlife, especially on weekends.  Tootsies and The Stage and 2nd Fiddle are all fun, and right by each other on Broadway.  Go honkeytonkin!  Hit all 3 places.  Trust me, it's a blast. You will also see some of the most amazing talent, just in those places. Many of the players are pros who play with major artists. You just never know. The musical talent here in Nashville is just crazy unreal.

Opryland Hotel is def a great place to go. Day or night.  I prefer daytime, because all the sunlight comes in and lights up the atriums with natural light. It's like walking through a pristine, huge jungle. Rivers, tress, waterfalls, etc.   Don't let the word "hotel" fool ya. It's a place to just visit for fun, if anything.   Go there, sit down and eat at one of many various eateries.

So between Opryland Hotel, and the honkeytonks downtown, those are probably the two most popular things here. The most fun.  
    Nashville Photographer.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards