Texas-Austin

wedding caterers

Hi, I'm just now starting to plan my wedding. I'm trying to come up with a reasonable budget and any feedback is appreciated. What are people spending on catering? What do you guys think is a reasonable expectation? Thanks!

Re: wedding caterers

• edited December 2011
    Ours will be 18-19 dollars per person.
  • edited December 2011
    We found ours (Carino's) for $12/person, but that doesn't include china, flatware, etc.
  • edited December 2011
    my friend is a caterer and what he always says is think about what you would pay for a meal out...whatever quality you want for your wedding then add $10 because instead of you going to that restaurant they are bringing it to you and serving it hot and to your exact preferences out of a kitchen that they dont usually work out of and paying people to make it pretty at exactly the time you want. i think 18-25 perperson is pretty average. He also said that if you do a buffet you get more bang for your buck then family style or plated. Or do bbq and the price goes way down.

also look for the caterers that are not as well known and not necessarily on this site, but VERY WELL REVIEWED ON YELP. they are generally successful enough that they survive without advertising and solely thrive on word of mouth. the one i am using is ECSTATIC CUISINE  http://www.ecstaticcuisine.com
    Their food is fabulous and they worked with my limited budget. we are doing $20/person which is the best deal i found with still fine dining food.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards