Texas-Austin

Heading to Austin

I don't know why I can't figure this out. See next post.

Re: Heading to Austin

• Heading to Austin tomorrow and will leave on Sunday - three decisions WILL be made. Didn't get many recommendations, but meeting with photographers, videographer and photo booth vendors. I will have signed contacts before I leave - so I am hoping my decisions will be easy ones. Meeting with 5 of each. Hopefully that will be enough.

Next trip, next month - florist, cake, DJ or bands - Looking for recommendations!
  • Donna Foster at Central Market is really good and is supposed to be the most affordable in Austin.  I worked with her on a wedding I did a few years back (when I was a wedding planner) and her work was amazing.

We are going with Krissy's Cakes in Leander.  Her cake is the best cake that I have ever had and her buttercream comes out so smooth, it almost looks like fondant!  Her work is amazing and she's been a pleasure to work with.  I've ordered about 3 or 4 cakes from her since I booked her for my wedding.

If they are still available, check out Greenbelt DJ.  They have a 5 star rating on weddingwire and nothing but positive reviews from everyone I've ever talked to about them.  They have a great website to help with planning, music selections, and timeline.  They are a little on the higher end, but if music is important to you, I highly suggest you invest in them.  They book up really fast; I booked them in December '11 for my October '12 wedding, and they only had one DJ left.
    dscf4745-2
    Anniversary
  • Good luck LlanoBarn. Sounds like you have a lot to compare and consider. Remember to go with who ever makes you feel most comfortable all around. Unfortunately, my wedding will be held in McKinney, TX and our DJ and cake baker are only local within the city. I did luck out on having an out of town floral designer and coordinator agree to come to Dallas for our wedding day. She beat out the local pricing of some of the more popular names in town. Weddings are pretty over the top in Dallas which is not my style or within our budget. My favorite wedding vendor to work with so far has been from far away. We've been exchanging emails every week and she's been so dedicated.

I was recommended Christina Alfonso from Me So Hungry for her coordination services and hired her the day we sat down and met up for coffee. She has been great to work with so far and has shown so much enthusiasm for our wedding day. Turns out she also has access to wholesale flowers all over Texas and will be doing our floral arrangements for our wedding on Saturday too! I can't believe we are just days away!

We decided to go with her floral arranging services based on her eye for color and all the details she is incorporating. She showed us gorgeous sample combinations at the flower shop we met at and worked within our proposed budget which wasn't a lot to work with consider my fiance had to spend $$ on the photographer of his dreams. However, we don't feel like we compromised a bit. We have both loved her unlimited guidance for the past 5 months. She made planning easy and has been so much fun to work with. Aftering hiring her for both services, we received a  nice discount off her wedding coordination services for using her twice for our wedding. We're so happy and excited for Saturday! 

We'll be sure to update everyone on pictures and reviews as soon as the results are in! 

• Flowers - I can't say enough good things about Wild Poppy.  They were even more affordable than Central Market and the flowers were gorgeous.

Cake - We used Cakes by Rosemary.  Also vary affordable, tasty, customer service was medium

DJ - Greenbelt DJ
  • I have heard a ton of good things about Greenbelt DJ. Our Llano barn is big enough for 150 guests, a large dance floor and all the tables.... and a band. I can't decide - band or DJ? I did select Capital Wedding Video for moving and J Mark Photography still photography. I could not find anyone to beat Capital video pricing and J Mark Photography offered two photographers and a live photo booth at no cost and I am all about no cost. I wanted something fun - and this works for me. I decided that I hate meeting and making these decisions by myself - so next trip Jeff is coming with me!
  • Hey Llano Barn!

I am a wedding planner here in Austin and I would be more than happy to help you out with your vendor selections and wedding planning if you could use some advice about who is good and has good pricing. We also specialize in floral and lighting and we beat floral and lighting shops prices by half becuase we don't have much overhead and we can offer extreme discounts to clients. 

Feel free to contact me with any questions, 

Best, 
    Crissalane Discher, Certified Wedding Planner
    Crissalane@DischEvents.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards