Texas-Austin

Bridal Gown Shopping

Hi Ladies!

I am new to the post. I am actually having my wedding in San Antonio, but will be driving up to Austin next week to do some bridal shopping as I hear Austin has a lot more bridal stores then San Antonio.

As I am unfamiliar with the Austin area, I was wondering if yall could help me out. I need some good recommendations for stores where I can look at wedding gowns as well as accessories such as the ring bearer pillow, guarder, laso, unity candle, etc.

I would like stores that have a wide selection and are not too pricey.

Thanks ladies,
Kim

Re: Bridal Gown Shopping

• edited December 2011
    Austin has more boutique-style wedding dress shops than large mass market shops. Serendipity Bridal, David's Bridal and Belle Saison are probably the biggest stores in Austin that would carry those extras you want to look at. Melange, Balina, Unbridaled and Alexia Gavela are smaller but have some unique lines/designers and often have good sample dresses for reasonable prices. You should make appointments just to be safe, though - most stores prefer that you do rather than just walk in.  
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Signature Bridals is where im getting my dress and veil from. They are off Bee Caves Rd.
    Photobucket
    April 2012 April siggy challenge: How I relax image
    My Barely There Bio updated 7/12!
  • SarahPLizSarahPLiz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I loved my experience with Alexia Gavela. I know they have bridal accessories, but I don't know about all the ring bearer stuff. A lot of Michaels and Hobby Lobbies have that stuff, as does WalMart, i've heard. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I second Signature Bridal, I ordered my gown (just came in this week!) and bridesmaides dresses from there, probably getting accessories as well.
  • edited December 2011
    I ended up buying my gown from David's Bridal. The price was really good & the dress is so pretty. It depends on your budget & what style you're looking for, but I think the sales consultant that was helping me said they didn't have a dress that was over $1050. They had plenty of styles & sizes to try on too! I had such a great experience there, that we're probably going to go back for the bridal party dressess too. Good Luck!
  • sheadaysheaday member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to quite a few stores and ending up buying my dress at Alexia Gavela. Geri is awesome and their prices beat other stores for the same designer dresses.
  • JudieNJudieN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I third Signature Bridal. I went to quite a few of the others stores and they didn't have anything I liked in my price range.

Since I bought my gown, we have gone back for the bridesmaids dresses and the mother-of-the-bride dress.

They are great there. Super friendly and extremely helpful.
  • kiarrai77kiarrai77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Unbridaled has dresses you can't find anywhere else in Texas.  I had such a great experience there.  Make an appointment though, they are very busy.

Watch out for Siginture bridal, I was in there just yesterday and hear it was under new management.  A bride was in there and was not happy to hear her BM dresses might not be in time for her wedding.  Just fyi.
  • edited December 2011
    I got my dress at serindipity bridal and a friend of mine go hers at blush bridal. Both I highly reccomend!
    The future Mrs. Anderson! Check out my blog: http://misadventuresofanexyankee.blogspot.com/ Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • JudieNJudieN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was just in Signature Bridal over the weekend Ashley, opened the store and owns and manages the shop -- and I just spoke to them a few days ago. She is amazing - always extremely helpful when I am in there, and I haven't had any trouble with anything arriving exactly when she said it would.

• edited December 2011
    Signature Bridal also does dress storage and they do in house alterations for a very good price. I have been working with them since new management took over and they are wonderful. Their customer service has been above and beyond anything I could have asked for.
    Photobucket
    April 2012 April siggy challenge: How I relax image
    My Barely There Bio updated 7/12!
  • edited December 2011
    I got my dress at Unbridaled and I had a great experience.  Also don't miss Blush bridal lounge, which is just a few blocks away from Alexia Gavela, which also shouldn't be missed.
  • edited December 2011
    Signature bridal!!! Everyone there is wonderful very helpful, not pushy.  GREAT PLACE!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    I am currently shopping and have had the best experiences at Melange and Alexia Gavela.  More quiet and private with a great selection.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards