Texas-Austin

Gorgeous FREE venue! (Small weddings)

My grandmother has been saving wedding-related newspaper/magazine articles since we announced our engagement...she's so adorable! She came to visit this weekend and brought them to me. I was a little bored this evening and started sifting through the articles and saw a beautiful photo on the cover of the Austin American Statesman Life & Arts section (June 28 edition). After reading in more detail, I read that this pictured venue is FREE! I figured there had to be a catch, but immediately got online to look. Indeed, it is FREE! It's called Chapel Dulcinea (www.chapeldulcinea.org) and is privately owned, on private property. Some very nice people open it to the public for weddings and small receptions. If you're looking for a gorgeous venue and have a small guest list, check this place out! There are rules and a $100 refundable deposit. I sound like a salesperson, haha. I just got really excited and had to share it with you ladies. My wedding will be much too big for this location, but I just figured another lady could benefit from this info! :-)

Re: Gorgeous FREE venue! (Small weddings)

• fyrelle74fyrelle74 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My fiance and I are currently thinking about having our wedding there..we think it would be the perfect place to show our out of town guests how gorgeous Texas can be! Plus, they're from Canada and their free reception pavilion is by Spence Diamonds, which is Canadian...sort've brings it all together :)
  • edited December 2011
    Aw, that's great! Let us know how it turns out!! It's such a beautiful place.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards