Texas-Austin
Options

I can't decide between 2 venues!

I have narrowed my search for a wedding venue down to 2 places. Laguna Gloria and One World theatre. We have gotten a detailed quote from both places (including everything... food, linens, tables, etc.) and One World Theatre is less expensive. I feel like that alone should make me choose One World, but there is something about Laguna Gloria that makes me want to get married there.I am torn between my heart and my logical mind. I know that I need to save the money, but I love Laguna Gloria. I know that both venues are really pretty and would make for a lovely wedding.. but.. agh!Has anyone been torn between two places? What did you do? I need some advice!

Re: I can't decide between 2 venues!

• Options
    henderstraushenderstraus member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Both venues are beautiful, but very different. Think about what it is about each venue that you like. If you choose One World, would you regret not having a garden wedding at Laguna Gloria? If you choose LG, would you regret not having the theater setting and view? I'd also think about how easy it will be to work with the people at each venue. Has one been more responsive? Will they handle DOC? What is/is not included in the estimate (glassware, forks, chairs, linens add a significant extra cost)? What vendor restrictions do they have? How will the area look when set up in your colors/theme? Length of time of your rental? If after you've considered everything and you like LG the best, think about the price difference and where you could save money to make up for it (photography, cake, dress, flowers, etc). Your venue is the setting for all of your wedding photographs and you should be 100% pleased with it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    One thing I learned through the wedding planning process was to not go with a vendor/idea/gift/etc. simply b/c it's cheaper. Go with the one your gut tells you and what you really, really want. In the end there should be no regrets or "what if's".  We were stuck btwn Mansion at Judge's Hill and SFA Intercontinental Hotel.  There was something inside of me that couldn't get past MJH and I had to have it there.  It's a tough decision and I am sure either will be beautiful! Good Luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with the others - just because it is less expensive doesn't mean that should be your automatic deciding factor. Is it within your budget should be the question, and if not - are you willing to cut back somewhere else to make it fit? If not - THEN you have your answer based on price. If they both fit into the budget then it sounds like you want to go wit LG to me! If you are still stuck, then are you having any kind of theme or overall feel you want for your wedding? If so, which venue best fits into that? Good luck! You will make the right choice. :)
    ~ Trish Finfer
    Blog

• Options
    stephrizstephriz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Also consider your guests.  Is one easier to get to from the guests' hotel?  Is it closer?  Do your guests need to travel between ceremony and reception locations?  Which venue will make a more enjoyable reception for your guests?   
  • Options
    erin&andyerin&andy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    As a One World Theatre bride, I of course want to automatically rave about it and how easy Valerie has been to work with.  However, the OWT is perfect for me, but it may not be perfect for you.  Laguna Gloria is gorgeous and it sounds like you may be leaning that way.  Like pps said - go with your gut.  You know the right venue.  It's your wedding day and it should be held in the perfect place for you. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards