Texas-Austin
Options

how big is your...

tv screen?How many inches is the largest in the house?Do you have one in your bedroom?How many TVs do you have total in your home?

Re: how big is your...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Haha, random question! We have 2 TVs in the house. One in the living room, one in the master bedroom. (I guess you could say we have 3 total because we have a tiny one that's meant for one of the guest rooms but we haven't put it in there/plugged it in.) Our living room TV is about 35-40"? I'm bad with numbers, ha. FI wants to get a 42" flat screen when he returns from Iraq. I want to surprise him with one but know nothing about TVs!
  • Options
    shanwalk2shanwalk2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our living room tv is 22''.  We're working on saving up for a bigger one.... but that's for another day.We've got a stunning 12'' in the bedroom.  Be jealous.  You know you are. (wink!)3 total.  One in master, guest, and living room
  • Options
    jgilbergjgilberg member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This IS a random question. I am curious to see what everyone has to say....We only have 1 television/monitor in our house, in the living room. It is 65".  I know, huge, but we use it all the time for video games and movies (no cable). We actually got it on Woot.com about a year ago. I would definitely suggest looking there if you want a flatscreen, because ours was very cheap, especially for the size. ~Julie
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Haha, our living room TV is a hand-me-down from FI's parents. It's pretty old... we definitely had to get a converter box for it. I bought our 20something" bedroom TV off Craigslist for $50. It's definitely an oldie, too. However, we are getting cable this week for the first time, YAY! So both TVs will be functional without the stupid converter boxes :-/ I could care less about TVs so the size doesn't bother me... it's just been the static and channels cutting in and out since the DTV switch happened that bothers me! I just want to watch The Bachelorette, dammit!
  • Options
    jgilbergjgilberg member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yup, this was the first tv that my fiance and I have ever bought. Both of us had second hand televisions. My last tv was a 15 year old hand me down from my boss, when he got a flat screen.Why don't you watch the Bachelorette on abc.go.com? I believe they post them all there, and you get less commercials (and no static).
  • Options
    lanerob1lanerob1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We bought our first "big screen" ;) when we moved into our house its a 42" flat screen. Great buy!Then we have a hand me down frm his parents in our bedroom...its 36". In the other 2 bedrooms we have our tvs we used in college.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ha, the title of this post is begging someone to say "that's what she said!"  teehee.I have a 26" big box in my living area and a 15" in my bedroom.  That's all, unless you count my laptop (for watching tv online!).
  • Options
    txgirl7txgirl7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We only have one tv.. it's in the living room... it's a 42 inch plasma, its a few years old. We actually bought a 52 inch new hdtv from Best Buy a few months ago and returned it a couple days after buying it. Believe it or not the picture looked TOO real.. crazy huh? It looked like the people on tv were actually right in front of us... we didn't dig that... so we figured we'd just stick with our plasma till it goes out... we got $1200 back though :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We have about a 50" TV in our living room, given to us by DH's parents because they were getting a new flat-panel TV. I kinda didn't want it because sometimes it has problems turning on and it is HEAVY. We also have a 22" TV in the bedroom. We don't watch it much unless it's to watch something on DVD before bed because we don't have cable.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My roommate's TV is in the living room... not sure how big it is.. maybe 22"? I have a old 27" sony in the bedroom. It's probably over 15 years old, but still going strong! I bought it secondhand from my uncle. FI has a 37" (I think.. could be 42".. I forget) widescreen, but it's not hooked up because we have nowhere to put it. We're moving in a little less than a month though, so it'll be in the living room in our new place. :) Also have a 24" iMac, but I don't like to watch tv or movies on the computer. I sit at this desk too much as it is!
    Liz & David | 10/23/09
    Planning Bio

• Options
    MnMShawMnMShaw member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We have a 42" in our living room, 3 total.  There is another one in the bedroom that is 36" and we have another stored in our closet that is only 20".DH's dad bought the same 42" tv and put it in his huge living room and I think it's just the right size.  My parents have a 50" and I think it's too big for the space.  So, think about how big your living room is and how big it might be when you buy a house because a huge tv in a small place looks out of place to me.
    Blog
    TTC #1 since February 2011
    BFP #1 1/14/12 EDD 9/24/12 m/c at 8w4d on 2/20/12
    March 2012- Dx with PCOS, started metformin
    July 2012- SA completely normal
  • Options
    henderstraushenderstraus member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FI put his bday money toward a 37" flat screen this year. It's in the living room and we have an old 28(?)" in the bedroom. FI bought that one off Craigslist for his college apt. And yes, Gator, I was verrrry interested to see what this thread would be from the title.
  • Options
    GerberladyGerberlady member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    am like Julie, we only have 1 tv and it's a 52" LCD by Mitsubishi (sp?) and NO cable (located in the upstairs game room). haha but we use it to watch Blu Rays, dvd's, video games, and Oprah and it works amazing!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We have a ginourmous 55inch in the living room.  It was purchased before I lived with FI but it is nice to have- our living rooms is really large so it fits perfect.  The bedroom TV is a normal 22# or something like that but we are looking for a 32# flat screen to mount on the wall in there.  Also have another small one in the guest room and a small old one that sometimes works in the garage. 
    then.now Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Jgilberg- Yes, I know you can watch it online but unfortunately that means I can't see the action live as it happens... I simply cannot wait the 24 hours until it is posted online! LOL
  • Options
    lotusbrendalotusbrenda member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    5 Tvs40 inch - bedroom50 inch - theater room40 inch - living room26 inch - guest bedroom26 inch - on the floor of the bedroom - need to donate the guest one which is older, and move this one into that roomFI has a couple of 26 inch TVs in his apt.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hmm we have 3 and I have no idea exactly how big they are...we have like a 50 inch plasma in the living room and 20 inch lcd in our bedroom and a 48 inch in his study ...which is more like a video game room. They are all panasonic and I must say if you are looking to buy a TV they are AWESOME TVs we've had one of them for over 6 years and it's still going strong! :)
  • Options
    jlmowrisjlmowris member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We have two. A 65 in. and a 40 something in. The smaller of the two is hanging out in our bedroom. We've yet to set it up. Both TVs were hand me downs from my brother and his friend who are both all about buying the newest thing. Overall we're not really into TV. We don't even have cable!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards