Texas-Austin

Just got back from the honeymoon...

Hey ladies...  I cannot believe the big day has come and gone. You hear it a million times but it really does go by so insanely quick. I so wish to have had a few more hours of it. I can't emphasize it enough, DO EVERYTHING YOU WANT NO MATTER WHAT! So many people told me I was nuts when I wanted an array of things like a lighting company and a candy buffet, bagspipe or a photobooth. I especially got teased when I told a few people (it was an overall surprise) that we were having dancers perform while everyone was eating. But it was all AWESOME! Not trying to pat myself on the back but so many people came up to me and told me how it was the best wedding and how much fun they had. So all the things people didn't understand, came together for them at the wedding and they loved it all. The day was magical. 2 mins before the outdoor ceremony started, this front rolled in and reduced the temperature by 10 degrees (can you believe that in this Texas heat) and made all of my OOT guests so comfortable. I didn't sweat at all when I thought it was inevitable. And because the sun was slightly covered by the clouds, no squinting in the pictures!! It was just a magical sign for me that we are so meant to be. (sounds cheesy, I know) Anyway, I just wanted to share with all the future brides to enjoy your day. Even when you so want it over with, push through. It really is all worth it. And whatever little touches are important to you, do it. Find a way and do it. People will recognize it. I really like my HUSBAND (hahaha--i'm getting used to that) and I were fully represented by the uniqueness of our wedding. Okay, I'm done rambling. FIrst thing I did when I got home today was put my dress on one more time. (slightly difficult because of the 5lbs I put on from the honeymoon) I wish it wasn't over but that's life. So enjoy your day and make sure you take it all in as much as possible. Okay, I'm done now. If you go to www.thanksforthememories.biz, click on "view events", we're Kevin and Jennifer Four Seasons. You'll also see my bridals under "Jennifer Bridals". If you care to check it out, there it is. I'll get my vendor reviews asap. Thanks for reading this and good luck to you all in all your planning. Enjoy it all as it only happens once. (it better! ;-)

Re: Just got back from the honeymoon...

• edited December 2011
    Great advice! Your ceremony was so pretty! The arch was gorgeous. I love the pictures of your guests dancing at the reception... it looks like such a fun time. Everything came together so beautifully and all the personal details were great. You looked beautiful and y'all make such a good looking couple! CONGRATS!!!
  • sweetscarletsweetscarlet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome back and congrats! Everything looked so beautiful - including you! Glad to hear that it all came together and exactly the way you wanted it. Congrats again!
  • erin&andyerin&andy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats, girl!  You looked stunning!
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats, and welcome back!!
  • edited December 2011
    So glad everything went like you wanted - sounds like you had the best luck ever with the weather!! Hope you had a fun time in Aruba too, can't wait to hear more details!
    ~ Trish Finfer
    Blog

• edited December 2011
    beautiful!!!  Where did you get your tiara?  I'm still on the hunt :)  Any interest in selling it?
    then.now Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • MnMShawMnMShaw member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Your wedding was beautiful!!  Congrats Mrs!!
    Blog
    TTC #1 since February 2011
    BFP #1 1/14/12 EDD 9/24/12 m/c at 8w4d on 2/20/12
    March 2012- Dx with PCOS, started metformin
    July 2012- SA completely normal
  • annacaseyannacasey member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Gorgeous! I've been fairly excited about your photos missy! Thanks for posting, and for the wonderful advice. Congratulations.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards