Texas-Austin

Austin Non-denominational Officiant

Hi there My fiance and I are looking for a local Austin Officiant. Neither of us are religious but were bought up in fairly religious households so we are looking for something non-denominational but traditional. Can anyone recommend someone? Many thanks!

Re: Austin Non-denominational Officiant

• henderstraushenderstraus member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I whole-heartedly recommend Rev. Bonnie Connor. She performed our ceremony on Sept. 12 and so many guests complimented on how great she was. The wedding party also loved her efficiency and humor at the ceremony rehearsal.www.reverendconnor.com
  • shanwalk2shanwalk2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we were beyond thrilled with rev. michael boles.  he was fantastic and really let us "run" with the ceremony to make it what represented us.You can email me at shanwalk2 at yahoo dot com if you want his contact information. 
  • lynnyrd80lynnyrd80 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Mike Rinehart and were blown away.  We got so many compliments on how meaningful and touching our ceremony was.  He is awesome and can make it as religious as you want it.  We couldn't have made a better choice.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I am planning from a distance and only had a phone conversation so far, but really like Chaplin Larry Todd. I was doing a video conference with J. Mark Phtotography and they recommended him. Funny guy and really seems to have a handle on the ceremony aspect. The organization tips as well as ideas to make the ceremony special. But, what may have sold me is thatthat he is retired and all money paid to him and the other ministers in his group go to charity - firefighter, military, police families etc. Seems like a great guy.
  • edited December 2011
    Chaplain Larry Todd did a phenomenal job at our wedding, and it was pretty much exactly what it seems you're looking for. I have a review in my married bio. Everyone I talked to at our reception commented on how beautiful the ceremony was and how fun Larry was: lightening the mood at appropriate times with some laughter, making us all very comfortable, but still being serious at serious moments.
  • sweetscarletsweetscarlet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're also using Rev. Michael Boles - we just loved him from the moment we met!
  • AggieDanerAggieDaner member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our officiant is Larry Todd and so far he's been great. He sends an email with an attachment about his policies up front that seemed really intimidating to us at first, but after meeting with him and discussing things we realized that he is not as intense as he seems initially. The meeting made us both feel REALLY comfortable with him and we're both really excited about having him as our officiant. He really cares about personalizing the ceremony and making it be about what YOU want. I would definitely recommend him!
  • atlanticatlantic member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Sam Riccobene and he conducted the.most.beautiful.ceremony for us.  My husband and i still actually say a piece of our vows to each other on a regular basis....it was so simple but rang so, so true.  I could not recommend him more highly.I was originally going to use Chaplain Larry Todd but the email the previous poster mentioned I actually did find off-putting and just really didn't connect with him on the phone.  But, others have really loved him, so he may be worth meeting with!
    Photo by Melissa Glynn
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • khaverlandkhaverland member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're going with Suzanne from One Fine Day. I can't recommend her enough - she was super responsive and incredibly helpful in putting together a ceremony that was so entirely us. She's the perfect combination of laid back and organized. :)
  • lg321lg321 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lynn, would you please let me know contact information for Mike Rinehart?  He sounds great.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards