Texas-Austin

Austin churches

Can anyone recommend small churches or chapels in Austin that allow non-members and for you to have your own officiant that don't cost an arm and a leg? I know Chapel Dulcinea is free, but we need something in town. I know it might not exist! Thank you!

Re: Austin churches

• edited December 2011
    I have no idea if my church will do this (I don't think anyone has ever asked), but they're super nice and accommodating all around, so I don't think it would hurt to check it out! [url]http://www.southaustinnaz.org/[/url]
    Liz & David | 10/23/09
    Planning Bio

• edited December 2011
    even an old building that can be rented maybe? i know mercury hall. or a beautiful outdoor space?
  • Stephie_LynnStephie_Lynn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Riverbend off 360. 4214 N Capital of Texas HwyAustin, TX 78746-1418(512) 327-3540
  • SarahPLizSarahPLiz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The unitarian church lets anyone marry, as does the University Christian Church (I think that's what its called, its on campus). If you wnat an outdoor setting, contact Charlotte McConnell at Concordia University. I work there. Our new campus is part nature preserve and we have a pier overlooking the preserve. We were going to use it for our wedding, but FI didnt want to, for whatever reason. They havent had a wedding there in the year since we moved, but Charlotte seemed excited at the prospect. Its an idea!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I think it's $900 for non-members to reserve the Smith Chapel at Riverbend. I personally think that's a lot, but maybe it's in your budget. It's really pretty though. Fun fact: Jessica Simpson got married there. :)
    Liz & David | 10/23/09
    Planning Bio

• edited December 2011
    I have become an internet junky. I think that I am seriousl obsessed. I am on the hunt for a church also! These are not in Austin, however. I did find one really cute one in Georgetown - google the Georgetown Heritage Society. Rent is so cheap!  It only seats 80 however. I sent my mom to look at it and while not expensive too small. The other is the Baptist Childrens chapel in Round Rock. I know the name is Baptist, but they assure me any officant can use - no preference or limit on religion. They rent for $500. I just have not found the venue that has blown me (or my mom) away yet in Round Rock.
  • SarahPLizSarahPLiz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kellster, I attended a wedding at the chapel in georgetown that is across the street from the fire station. It was really nice, but i doubt it even holds 50. We had less than 50 and it was a bit uncomfortable. I jsut booked at Casa Blanca on Brushy creek..it might fit your budget. They also have a venue in Pflugerville that I cant remember the name of, but it holds like 400. Not sure exactly what you are looking for, though.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • MnMShawMnMShaw member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second Riverbend. My friend got married there in June, weren't members and had their regular pastor marry them there and it was absolutely beautiful!
    Blog
    TTC #1 since February 2011
    BFP #1 1/14/12 EDD 9/24/12 m/c at 8w4d on 2/20/12
    March 2012- Dx with PCOS, started metformin
    July 2012- SA completely normal
  • mesmer242mesmer242 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used First Cumberland Presbyterian Church. Affordable, and we were able to use our own pastor (though our pastor and FCPC's pastor had to chat first). They were wonderful.Faith Lutheran Church will allow church "rental" as well. These are both in central Austin.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards