Texas-Austin

Brides that have visited Casa Blanca Round Rock

There are a couple of churchs that my work for me in Round Rock, so per a knottie recommendation looked at the Casa Blanca website. So beautiful. Now I have questions... do you have to use on site catering, DJ? I kind of like the "turn key" concept - might make it easier since I am doing all this from NJ. But, I also like the fun planning. But I am newly engaged and maybe this won't stay fun. Do they have a good rain plan?

Re: Brides that have visited Casa Blanca Round Rock

• SarahPLizSarahPLiz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You do not have to use their on-site caterer or their DJ, but they do recommend it. Unless you know a DJ, you might as well use theirs, because the rate is reasonable. I viewed it as one less decision to make. I am interviewing caterers, though, because Im not sure who i want to use yet. Here are the fees, other than space rental, that they charge (per my contract) $3 per drinking-aged guest- Cork Fee $25/hr/bartender, minimum 2 bartenders, must use theirs. For over 100 people, you have to have 3 bartenders. $35/hr security during drinking part of reception, for over 100 people, must have 2 security officers. She also offers set up/tear down/decorating and day-of coordination for an extra fee, or included in the rental fee. I booked during a special, so those fees were waived. There are 2 options for the rain plan - inside the ballroom - under the pavillion outside According to george, the husband of Leanne, the pavillion will be closed in with windows by the time I get married next november, so that will be the rain and cold plan. I was really impressed with the place. I got a review from another Knottie who did use their catering and she was satisfied with it. They give you a list of preferred caterers, florists, DJs, lighting, and other vendors when you sign your contract, but they don't charge a fee for bringing in outside vendors. They just have to be licensed to do what they do and have the applicable insurance. wow.. im long winded.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks so much for all the info. I appreciate the time it took to type it all. I am sending my parents to check it out for me!  I have a December wedding next year.
  • edited December 2011
    Would anyone mind telling me what the rates are? I don't want to call with my hopes up of how much I like it and then have it be out of my budget.
  • SarahPLizSarahPLiz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If she is running a special, then a saturday wedding and reception is 3800. That includes tables and chairs, the setup/takedown, and day of coordianation. If you dont need all that, I'm sure you can negotiate it. The regular price for a sat night is 5100, though. I think there is room for negotiation this far out though. SHe made the comment to me that she would rather have it booked than not have it booked.. I needed all the services she was offerring, and mine is on a holiday weekend so I didnt negotiate, but I bet you could.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Sarah!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards