Texas-Austin
Options

Inexpensive Caterers

Has anyone been able to find a reputable caterer in Austin for $20 per person or less?

Re: Inexpensive Caterers

• Options
    lanerob1lanerob1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Johnny Carinos...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You will probably get tons of responses and I am doing this from very far away. I have contacted a bunch of catering companies and won't decide until I have some tastings, but there a bunch that will do it for under $20. You won't have a problem, but I will tell you the cheapest that I have found is Carino's Italian Restaurant. About $11 per person. However, they only provide paper plates. If I go this route, I will buy the $1.39 glass plates at Bed Bath and Beyond and sell them afterwards.
  • Options
    lanerob1lanerob1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Carino's I contacted in North Austin provided table linens and paper goods. There is an option to get real china and silverware from a local company, but Carino's sets everything up and you pay Carino's for the rental of real tableware. I didn't end up using them but there prices were reasonable.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you want to go the BBQ route, you can do under $10 a head. Just a thought.You might try Austin Java. They have two franchises, Austin Java and Uncle Billy's Brew and Cue. We're using Uncle Billy's and they're very reasonable, so I would expect that Austin Java's would be comparable for pastas, soups, salads, things like that.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My caterer, Southern's Fine Dining, customizes menus for all sorts of budgets. Give him a call, and tell him Liz sent you. :) 512.965.2190 [url]http://www.southernsfinedining.com[/url]
    Liz & David | 10/23/09
    Planning Bio

• Options
    foxandsocksfoxandsocks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Pink Avocado. I'm having beef, chicken, and veggie fajitas. Black beans, rice, grilled onions, pico, guac, cheese. Nacho Bar, 4 cheese quesadillas, tostadas, and something else I'm forgeting for an app. The food is amazing!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We loved Southern's and were game to go with them until our venue changed their mind about letting us go off of the venue list. Boo. I talked to a bride that used Pink Avacado, and she had some issues with them the day of. We're looking at Circle C Catering now.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I know this is going to sound insane. But Interstate Bowling Lanes in Round Rock has a catering company. Not "bowling alley food". Just about anything you would want. A bridesmaid hosted a shower for me and had the food catered from them. They cater for a bunch of chamber of commerce function and how she found them. We had chicken wraps with basil pesto that were to die for, and roast beef on rolls with a great pasta salad. They feed 30 people for 60 bucks.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Have to second Pink Avocado. We're paying about $28/pp for a quite substantial menu plus they provide all the china, placesettings and glassware, etc. in their service charge. So I'm sure you could do a $20/pp menu without any issues! They are super nice too - very laid back.  
    ~ Trish Finfer
    Blog

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, Mel's bowling alley in Georgetown also has a catering department with AMAZING food. I was really surprised by their yummy bruchetta bar.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    check with liz at exquisite cuisine. http://www.exquisite-cuisine.com/. we are having stations with three different entrees and a salad and three passed appetizers for $25/person and her food really is exquisite! i also know my planner has been to an event where she catered and said she was really impressed with her service. she's amazing!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards