Texas-Austin
Options

Villa St. Clair??

hi,does anyone have any reviews for Villa St. Clair in Austin? I know they opened in Dec 08, but other than that I have not seen any reviews for the location. We are thinking of booking there this week, but I want to make sure it's s good place - with good food, good quality service, etc.Any help woudl be greatly appreciated!!!

Re: Villa St. Clair??

• Options
    edited December 2011
    i was in my friend's wedding there and I actually think hers was the first wedding ever there!the venue was beautiful and the service seemed wonderful. i don't really remember much about the food...it wasn't anything super special, but it was fine.a lot of guests had trouble finding the place, so just make sure you have really good directions for people.
  • Options
    sarainaustinsarainaustin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    All I know is that Villa St. Clair cancelled on my friends wedding last year THREE AND A HALF MONTHS before the wedding.  Invites printed and all!  Apparently they were running behind on construction and didn't give her any indication that they may not be able to do it until three and a half months before.  At that point they didn't even call, they sent her a "I'm sorry" letter in the mail and sent their deposit back!  How rude!  They're totally suing her for all the additional costs (reprinting the wedding invites, hiring a wedding planner that could put together a 200 person wedding in less than three months, a caterer, rental costs, the more expensive venue since every other place was booked in austin, etc...) and they're fighting her... also, a friend of my drove by the place a month or so ago and there was a for sale sign out there.  I drove by a week ago and it wasn't there anymore... maybe they switched management? I just can't believe someone works with brides day in and day out and just cancels in a letter?!?!  It's crazy...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Villa S.Clair was one of my top selections for a venue.  The person I was working with was names Kim, and she was VERY friendly, and helpful.  I ended up going with Phillips event center, only because we had a family emergency and due to a cut in funds available we had to lower our payout budget.  WHen I called Kim to let her know we were not able to book them, she offered many discounts and tried her best to accomodate us.  All in all she was extremely compassionate about her work and did all that she could to try to accomodate us.-so good people to work with from what I can tell.  I live on the street behind the venue, which is why I wanted to chosse Villa.  As far as the "for sale" sign, it was a neighbor who was selling their house. The Villa entrance is the driveway after the for sale sign... so yes, confusing to get to f you are not familiar with the area. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards