Texas-Austin

Hard to pick a dj....

Does anyone have any experience with DJs in Austin?  We think they are very important, and a huge key to keeping the party going.

Re: Hard to pick a dj....

• edited December 2011
    We heard a DJ at a big 30th birthday party and really liked how he got people dancing for pretty much the whole night.  Also, he was very professional when we met.  We haven't had our wedding yet, but it's in 6 weeks so I can share our expereince at that point.  If you want to reach out to him sooner than that, his name is August Martin and he can be reached at augustmartinjr@yahoo.com.  You might want to tell him that Suzi sent you to give him a point of reference.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using greenbelt dj. Both Joel and Sean are really professional. I've only heard great things about them.
    planning bio
    "My favorite color is fluorescent beige."
  • TXAnnTXAnn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are also using Greenbelt DJ because I only heard great things - Joel's been very responsive and easy to work with so far!
  • henderstraushenderstraus member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Byrne Rock and he was amazing! Our dance floor was full the whole night. He was really good at reading the crowd and picking up the pace and slowing it down at appropriate times. And his personality is nice too-- he's definitely not your typical cheesy dj.
  • edited December 2011
    We're having a hard time finding a dj that knows Texas Country well enough and won't play YMCA/Chicken dance/I will survive crap. I'm about to just do an iPod wedding.
  • mwaldon1mwaldon1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't been to these boards in forever. Sadly because my wedding is cancelled.In fact, I don't know how to stop hearing from THE KNOT because I signed up and can't figure out how to cancel.They send me emails including my countdown a few times a week.I will admit I visit to read all of the wonderful stories you ladies are sharing and I wish I could be a part.Maybe again one day.I did want to chime in because my Dj was the only Vendor I had hired, which by the way, graciously even returned my deposit after my demise.I went to a corporate party 3 weeks ago, and there he was.He even remembered me and hugged me.Which was even sadder because I didn't get to use him and the dance floor was full!!!His name is Fred Bishop, and he has ALL kinds of music on his list even local texas music. I love Randy Rogers and Lyle.You can find him at austintexasdj.comJust knowing how nice he was when I met him, and then seeing him work allows me to recommend.But good luck, and if anyone can direct me to how to cancel my emails/or subscription, I thank you in advance.Peace,Michelle.
  • amzimmermanamzimmerman member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We just used Byrne Rock this last weekend and he was awesome - the dance floor was full of young and old all night long!
  • edited December 2011
    Have you checked out Music 4 Life DJ's? We are using jabari from there - I think they have a guy who does mostly christian and country as well...they are very experienced, a little more $$ but they include EVERYTHING you could want for the cost. My FI was very picky about who was going to DJ, and I think so far he is really pleased with them. http://www.music4lifedjs.com/
    ~ Trish Finfer
    Blog

• cmb12185cmb12185 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kevin with Full Circle (FC) Media.  He was great, affordable and so friendly!
  • lgurnielgurnie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Joel at Greenbelt for our wedding on Oct. 25th (full vendor reviews to follow soon!!). We had a great experience with him. I planned from a distance and his online music selection and timeline tool was really helpful. We met with Joel the Friday before our Sunday night wedding and felt really comfortable with our decision after that. He is smart and really friendly. Our wedding was really small...about 40 people...and he kept everyone dancing all night. I'm totally against cheesy DJ's and had hoped to afford a band, but we just didn't have it in the budget. Joel was WONDERFUL and I would highly recommend him. I don't regret not having a band whatsoever.
  • ealvar02ealvar02 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well this post was really helpful for us!  Thanks for everyone's replies...we decided to go with Greenbelt DJ and so far they are great!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards