Texas-Austin

Photographer advice

I'm narrowing down photographers, and I wanted to see if anyone had any experience with them. (I'm really picky about photography. Hate super modern or super saturated colors. Looking for a vintage feel playing with lighting.) *Christina Carroll: my absolute favorite, but I'm not sure if we can pull together the money for the deposit before someone else snatches her up. *Nessa K: Love her photos and she's cheap *Now & Then Photography: I've heard great things about her, but I've noticed that she tends to overexpose the light where faces are hard to see. Big concern with our outdoor ceremony at sunset. *Studio 563: Pretty but pricey *Anthology: ditto *Pink Posh: ditto *Hooked on Photography Thaaaaanks!!!

Re: Photographer advice

• edited December 2011
    Forgot to mention that I just booked Brandy Lewis for our engagements. Thanks to this board for that recommendation!!
  • mujerboricuamujerboricua member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love Nessa K. She's sweet, talented and very laid back. She's not into a lot of posed pics, something to keep in mind.She did our engagement pics and will be doing our wedding and post wedding shoot.
  • edited December 2011
    What about Ashley Smith? She's a former studio 563 photographer who's booking on her own now. So she's got that great quality look but will probably be more flexible with her prices. You might check her out!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm planning to use Nessa. She's an up-and-comer; her prices have doubled since I signed with her. I'll do a full vendor review post after my 28-Nov wedding!
  • atlanticatlantic member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Now and then is one of my faves in austin.  Dig studio 563 too!  But no personal experience with either.  Good luck!
    Photo by Melissa Glynn
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Do you have contact info for Ashley Smith? Or does she have an independent website yet? Thanks!
  • edited December 2011
    I thought seriously about Christina - she was in my top two at final decision time - but we decided to go with someone else (Jake Holt) in the end. The reason I liked her you probably already know. I decided against her due to all the photoshopping she does. In the end I decided I wanted some photos that stood on their own so that 20 years from now they won't be dated. Just personal tatse, but thought I'd throw it out there if you had not considered the whole 'photoshop/lightroom/ edited image factor. That said, I do think she is really talented and if you love her and feel comfortable with her the cost will be worth it in the end. Photos are an investment - get the best you can for the most you can spend.
    ~ Trish Finfer
    Blog

• edited December 2011
    Totally agree about splurging on photos, but I'm in the process of graduating from college in the next month and the funds just aren't there no matter how much I want them to be till I start my job and she'll probably be snatched up by then. :( Sad day. It's that whole matter of balancing the "it's our special day"/"it's just a party" fiasco. Trying so hard to be a reasonable bride! Haha!
  • edited December 2011
    My friend Whitney is awesome! i think her rates are pretty affordable as well. Let her know that Claire sent you: http://whitneyrogersphotography.com/
  • FutureMrsDangFutureMrsDang member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Pink Posh....worth every penny.  Check their blog, their are several vintage feeling shots.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards