Texas-Austin

Officiant Thoughts

Ladies I need your help. My FI and I have narrowed it down to two people Sam Riccobene and Larry Todd. Larry was awesome when we met with him and we LOVED his ceremony  BUT Larry does not do rehearsals anymore. He said there is no need, because he will walk us through it all and we have a coordinator. Sam has doen our friends wedding and we know we would like him but I did not feel quiet as moved by his presentation (I Think he is just just super laid back) We really like them both. Can any of you help us make our choice?
The future Mrs. Anderson! Check out my blog: http://misadventuresofanexyankee.blogspot.com/ Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Officiant Thoughts

• edited December 2011
    Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;} We're using Larry Todd for our wedding next October. We instantly clicked and think he's going to do an awesome job. That's weird that he said he doesn't do rehearsals anymore. He told us the rehearsal was optional (he charges more if you have a rehearsal) but we told him that we DO want a rehearsal. I would check back with him and see if he would attend the rehearsal if you request it. He definitely did say it's NOT necessary but we feel more comfortable having him there.
  • edited December 2011
    Ugh that's annoying. I asked him like three times and he said no to rehearsals in 2010. That makes me really mad that he would not do ours. I really think we will be fine without him there but who knows. My day of person even said she has never really heard of that. She did say it should not be too big of a deal though. Maybe I should just go with Sam. My FI thinks it is no big deal and we really liked Larry so he wants to go with him.
    The future Mrs. Anderson! Check out my blog: http://misadventuresofanexyankee.blogspot.com/ Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • irishdanceririshdancer member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I'm actually seeing this more and more.  And no, you don't need him to be there.  Just give your coordinator your program and she can step in for him.  It's really no big deal at all.  Go with him if you really like him.
  • AggieDanerAggieDaner member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    He probably gave you a different answer than the PP because it's a decision he's recently come to. I know when we first met with him he seemed like he was considering not doing them anymore.  Honestly, he goes over the ceremony very well and since he'll essentially be telling us what to do every step of the way my fiance and I chose not to have him present at our rehearsal. We're confident that if his experience tells him it isn't necessary that he knows what he's talking about.Hope that helps, ultimately you just have to go with the one who fits you the best and makes you the happiest!
  • atlanticatlantic member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    These were my two choices too. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVED SAM! I didn't connect with Larry Todd. I think it was a personal connectoin thing, so not sure that advice really helps, since you've met him and liked him. But, our ceremony with Sam just really, really spoke to us and we had so many compliments on it's power. There's a part of the ceremony we always repeat to each other. It was peaec of mind to me to have a rehearsal, and I'm glad we did, but I don't think it should be a deal breaker for you...not having a rehearsal isn't the end of the world, and it should still be fine!
    Photo by Melissa Glynn
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • edited December 2011
    This may be nosy, but how much are they charging? I'm just starting to look at officiants and don't have a clue about the price range.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks you guys! I really appreciate your thoughts on this. We chose Sam. Just felt like it was not fair he would choose to do some people's events one way and others another. And even if that is not the case I did NOT want that in the back of my head about the person who married us. I still really loved Larry just wanted no doubt about our choice. I still recommend both of them!
  • edited December 2011
    Chloetutor - their fees are pretty nominal. Larry's fees was much lower because he only does the wedding and not the rehearsal. I think they both have them on their sites or if you email them they will let you know right away. Larry told me $150 and Sam was $350. Hope that helps!
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah I think Larry changed his policy. We booked our Oct 2010 wedding a few months ago so he's probably changed it since then. Another cool thing about him is that he donates all of his fee to a charity.
  • edited December 2011
    That helps alot! Love that he donates to charity! Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards