Texas-Austin

Flowers...

Hi Ladies!!!

My fiance and I live in Austin but both grew up in Indiana, so we're making the trip north for our wedding...  That being said, I am also DIY-ing all of our flowers myself.  Before I order the flowers, I wanted to do a trial - run...  Being that I'll be HERE, and not in INDIANA, I don't know where to begin...  usually, I just get the few flowers that I do buy at HEB.  Do you know of any places to get some...  I'm thinking of using hydrangeas, sweet peas, & gerber daisies..  I thought about Whole Foods/ Central Market/ etc. but I didn't know where else to look.  Ideas??

Thanks in advance!!!

Re: Flowers...

• austinabiaustinabi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Austin Wholesale Flowers on 38th between Lamar and Mopac-they have lots of types and they are very reasonably priced! Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    i thought that austin wholesale flowers were a little pricey so i'm using central market. it's close to my house and i'm guessing transporting a ton of flower buckets isn't going to be easy so the convenience is hard to beat! plus, they've always been super great to me when i've bought flowers and the test run i did held up for weeks. all good signs! good luck! i love diy flowers!
  • edited December 2011
    I dont know where you are going to bein austin but maybe check out Park Crest Floral they have like a happy hour flower sale on certain days. i dont know the details but i heard its a pretty good deal.
    Baby Jaxon born 8/18/2012 @ 9:53am, 7lb 2oz!! At 37 weeks 5 days due to Pre-E via C-section.Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimageimage
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!  I'll be venturing out this weekend to try these out and see what's working for me!!
  • edited December 2011
    I went to Austin Flower Company on Jefferson and 35th for my sisters weddings and got hydrangeas and gerber daisies. They let me order a week in advance exactly what I needed and they were in great shape. It was nice because I was able to get the exact colors I wanted (dark blue hydrangeas and red, orange, fuschia, yellow and peach gerber) so it was worth to pay more than say H.E.B. they were about what I expected price wise.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards