Texas-Austin

Photography help

My parents are paying for my wedding and I hate asking for a lot. I need a very cheap Photographer. Any ideas?

Re: Photography help

• edited December 2011
    I was just going to post this question. We are paying for our wedding and only have a small budget compared to most. I was hoping to get cheaper photographer suggestions too!
    Best of luck to you and yours!

Feb 22, 2013
  • edited December 2011
    You should check out www.malaiseart.net. I'm not sure what your budget is but he's not expensive, his name is Russell and takes great photos.
  • SeanchrysSeanchrys member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know these were very reasonable when we were looking:

www.blackerbyphotography.com
  • edited December 2011
    www.glennwilburn.com. Also try craigslist but i would do engagement photos or something fist to ensure you like them
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    What is your budget? The Knot has a local vendor listing. You can search by price range. That's how I found my photographer when I was planning my wedding. Austin has a lot of great photographers --- good luck!
  • SeanchrysSeanchrys member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, what is your budget? Do you have a date? Maybe a photographer will be willing to give you a discount or deal for your date.

First, watch out for craigslist. Those people are 99% of the time new. Which means little to no experience on your WEDDING DAY! A lot of potential to have things go wrong. Second, no offense to Glenn Wilburn fans...but his works is terrible. I can't see half his pictures because they are so dark. His pricing is low, because of the quality of his work. I'm sorry, but photography is an investment.

I understand being on a budget. We spend the most on this for the wedding. Talk to the photogs you like, they might be willing to give you last years pricing or a discount all together depending on your needs.

Its well worth gettnig a loan of credit card for this during the planning process. I have many friend who had terrible photographers. They spend $1,000's on the wedding and now don't have a decent picture to prove it. Very sad.

Best of luck to you ladies. NO craigslist!
  • edited December 2011
    I second Blackerby Photography.  When we were planning, we didn't want to spend a lot because I didn't really like having my picture taken and the Blackerby's were very reasonable.  Now, after the fact, I am so happy that we found them and I've discovered that having your picture taken can be flattering with the right person behind the camera!
  • edited December 2011
    I am a photographer new to the Austin area and looking to expand my client base. I would be happy to cut you a really good deal in exchange for some referrals/ a testimonial. Email me or check out my facebook. I'm willing to travel a reasonable distance as well. Houston, Dallas, San Antonio are all fair game.
  • emm14emm14 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am going with Number 9 Photography, because really liked their vibrant and fun photographs, and they have a bit of an artsy eye which I prefer.  Charlotte is the person I've been in contact with, and I am confidant that I will LOVE  the photos.  They are quite affordable and flexible since you can hire per hour.   

Good Luck!
  • edited December 2011
    YGPM!
    Mom to an almost 4 y/o and an almost 2 y/o. In process of growing our family through adoption.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards