Texas-Austin

Videographer's prices dropped - now what??

So we booked our videographer in 12/10 and thought were were getting a decent deal of 10% off.  Plus they were pushing booking early before they filled up.  Now their website is advertising our exact package for $800 less than what we contracted for!  It is $400 less than our discounted package.  All we wanted was for them to give us the current going price, but they aren't willing.... I don't think this is unreasonable.  Any advice or suggestions on what to do now?  I'm not sure I want to be around them on my wedding day anymore.  I like their work but am pretty disgusted with them right now :(

Re: Videographer's prices dropped - now what??

• edited December 2011
    What does your contract state? Can you get out without foregoing your deposit? If so, I'd go elsewhere.
  • MnMShawMnMShaw member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-austin_videographers-prices-dropped-now?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:126Discussion:29999f59-0832-4520-83e8-49d4e6b8f02bPost:673cfbdf-23d7-40f5-9ef9-5fef2d05d88f">Videographer's prices dropped - now what??</a>:
    [QUOTE]So we booked our videographer in 12/10 and thought were were getting a decent deal of 10% off.  Plus they were pushing booking early before they filled up.  Now their website is advertising our exact package for $800 less than what we contracted for!  It is $400 less than our discounted package.  All we wanted was for them to give us the current going price, but they aren't willing.... I don't think this is unreasonable.  Any advice or suggestions on what to do now?  I'm not sure I want to be around them on my wedding day anymore.  I like their work but am pretty disgusted with them right now :(
    Posted by cluu08[/QUOTE]

Honestly, I might be in the minority here, but I think you are just out of luck.  Vendors have discounts and sales all the time.  If you book something at a certain price and sign a contract then that is the price you get.  Just because they have a sale or special shouldn't mean they are obligated to change the price they gave you at another time.  Does it suck that the special is cheaper than yours? Yea,  but you were ok with the original price and would have continued to have been ok with that price had they not had a sale.  I don't think it is any reason to be disgusted with them, IMO.
    Blog
    TTC #1 since February 2011
    BFP #1 1/14/12 EDD 9/24/12 m/c at 8w4d on 2/20/12
    March 2012- Dx with PCOS, started metformin
    July 2012- SA completely normal
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards