Texas-Austin
Options

Opinions please...

A friend of mine has chosen her photographer (not booked, just chosen) and I am desperately trying to tell her that the photographer is not that great and way over priced for the quality of work. She thinks I am trying to push my photographer on her but I am really just wanting her to understand that her choice is just not good. I thought maybe if I had some more opinions that I could shoe her she needed to keep looking...

Her choice is Chloe Pix. I think its chloepixphotogrpahy.com. Somebody please back me up that the pictures this photographer does are not great? My friends has a great budget for this too... I am so frustrated with her.

Re: Opinions please...

• Options
    SarahPLizSarahPLiz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know about that photographer, but I do know that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Just because this photographer is not your style doesn't mean she isn't your friend's style. Perhaps your friend really likes her and is comfortable with her.
    You have said your piece to her, so just bite your tongue and plan your own wedding. Saying anything further to her may just hurt your friendship, since you are questioning her aesthetic preferences. Is it worth it to piss off your friend over photographs? I think not.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    akg0053akg0053 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would just let it go. If that's the photographer she wants, then that's the photographer she wants. You seem like you have stated your opinion to her, and she has chosen what she wants to do.

While I understand you are concerned about her and about her pictures, at the end of the day it's her wedding and her pictures.
    118 image
    Not caring about missing RSVPs because there aren't any rocks!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree that Chloepix aren't all that great, but they do tons of marketing so I can see why they have blinded her.  But, it is her choice, not yours.  There's nothing worse while planning the wedding than hearing someone else shove their opinions down your throat.  Let her be blinded and live in bliss.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Photography is a weird thing - it's a really personal choice (as with any type of art) so what she likes about them you may not even notice. Also, the couple needs to be comfortable with the people behind the camera. They will be together all day...it's really important she and her FI click with them, so that may be the deal maker or breaker for this relationship. If you really want to help you should stress that point to her, and make sure they meet the photographer/s and gel together well. If they don't then be ready to pony up some alternate photog suggestions for her!
    ~ Trish Finfer
    Blog

• Options
    storman2010storman2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    agreed, I guess. I just know how she is and know that she will look back and wish she had better.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    wow, i didnt think their pics were that great either but i must agree with the pp, if thats who she wants to go with then you're just gonna have to bite your tongue on this one. it may be the style she is looking to go for.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with you that her selected photographer does not have the talent that many, many other wedding photographers in the area do.  But, like the previous posters said, it's a very personal choice and she'll probably get better photos with a photographer that she's more comfortable with.  That being said, maybe suggest some other photographers?  If the're set on this photographer, it will only damage your relationship to insist that she's making the wrong choice, but if she's still looking around, there's no hurt in making some helpful suggestions.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Definitely ditto what PP said.  Unless she asked for your help in finding/booking a photographer, your opinion doesn't really matter at it is HER wedding and these will be HER photos.  Photography really is a personal choice and tastes vary by person.  The best thing you can do is support your friend in her wedding planning, despite whether or not you agree with her style/choices.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree that the photographer isn't great. As someone like myself who is passionate about photography, I can see that you are frustrated and just want the best for your friend. However, like everyone has said ... it's her choice. Maybe you could look at other photographers on The Knot that are less expensive than Chloe Pix and recommened those? Maybe the money savings would be enough of an incentive? Beth Aubrey Photography is one that I think looks promising and has great rates.
  • Options
    storman2010storman2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks everyone
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards