Texas-Austin
Options

Is 30+ girls invited to a bachelorette party too many?

Hi ladies,
Do you think 30+ people invited to a bachelorette party is too many? We are going out for dinner maybe somewhere in downtown Austin and then to the Highball off South Lamar or even to Rebel's Honkeytonk in the warehouse district.
What are your thoughts?

Re: Is 30+ girls invited to a bachelorette party too many?

• Options
    laleighmoorelaleighmoore member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My FI went to a bach party last year on the river with about 18 guys and it was way too many he said. Basically the group broke up into little mini-groups so there was no sense of gathering and the groom felt pulled in so many directions.

Maybe split it up and have multiple parties? Or a weekend deal and let people show up on different days?

It really depends on what type of party you are looking for and if you really want to be the center of it.

Sounds like a blast though!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    jenn.atxjenn.atx member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If it's just a fun night on the town (in town), I think it's fine.  If you want the organized bachelorette party (gifts, etc), I think it's too much.  I know that a dinner with 30 of my friends sounds like a disaster and I would opt out of dinner, but be at the party.  Others would enjoy the dinner, but then head home for an early night.  Maybe you can tell people they have the option of coming to the dinner, the party, or both for those that want to be there for everything?  Just a thought.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think that it may be challenging to keep the group together and get that good "girl bonding" time if ya'll are traveling in such a large group from place to place. You may lose some people along the way and as the PP mentioned, break off into small groups.   For a large party like yours, I think it may be easier to keep the party in one venue.  This will enable you guys to relax, drink, eat and mingle.  The Highball has a little bit of everything to offer.  So that would be my choice of venue.  I know that they host private parties and custom create menus too.  FI and I are actually doing their bottle service for the after-party!  What's cool is that their bottle service not only comes with mixers- but appetizers and two hours of bowling or kareoke.  It's a pretty good deal, especially since I just came from Htown where you don't get crap with your high dollah bottles! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks guys for your replies! I may trim the guess list down a bit! Hawaiianpunch51 (I hope I'm getting your username right!) how is the food at the Highball? Could you also start there for dinner and then bowl and do karaoke? Where do you have private parties there? That might be a cool idea to start the party there with dinner (and maybe a lingerie shower) if they have a private party area.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ok! I've reduced my list to about 20 and I'm thinking about only inviting the close friends to the dinner part and the rest to the party part. I wonder if that will be better!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Newsgirl, I'm pretty sure there's a private room.  Go to their website www.thehighball.com, click on events and just drop them an email or call.  They have lots of different packages and I think they'll do a tasting with you. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    my friends loooooooove the highball, so we've done bachelorette, bdays, work parties, etc there and everybody's always pleased as punch.  i'm not aware of a private area..  what i've seen happen is - they will reserve tables or a bowling lane (with the surrounding couches) or a karaoke room (different sizes) or all three for you.  with the bowling lane, they'll set up the bottle service & appetizers (fruit, cheese, etc) on the table right behind the lane, so you can bowl & mix and mingle.  or you can set up your food & drinks by the main stage area - just make sure you're OK with whatever entertainment they have planned for that night (one night we went, there was an 'air sex championship' going on, which we definitely enjoyed, but might not be for everyone).  if they have have some sort of music themed event, you can get up on the stage with your ladies & karaoke (for a small fee).  hope that helps, have a blast! 
  • Options
    SarahPLizSarahPLiz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In my experience, its like herding cats to get that many people in one place at one time, split bills, and not have stress and strife. Personally, I wouldn't do it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards