Texas-Austin
Options

Vendor Reviews 7/6/12

I was married 7/6/12 at Camp Lucy and I was thrilled with just about everything!

Venue- Camp Lucy (A)- it was gorgeous and just what we wanted, something unique that will keep our out of town guests talking about how great Texas I (despite the heat).  They were great to deal with but do have strict guidelines on who you can use for what- so check before you sign your contract. I didn’t really have any issues with this, but I have seen that as a complaint others have had.

Photographer- Keeley (A+)- She was amazing. She has an incredible amount of talent that makes up for her lack of experience. I would hire her for anything. Her site- momentsbykeeley.com

Cake- Sweet Treets Bakery (A+)- Jackie was great to deal with and helped us create a unique cake, something some of the more “wedding” oriented businesses wouldn’t do. She has some fabulous flavors and best part is, you can stop by her bakery any day to try some of her yummy cupcakes!

Day-of- Lauren at Crave (A)- She was great, I was so not put together and thus forgot some things and she made sure that no one noticed and came up with great solutions. I was terrible at getting back to her in the weeks before the wedding but she nailed everything the day of with little guidance. I would definitely recommend her but if not, definitely get a day of, it is soo worth it!!

Crave (A)- The food itself was amazing, and the day of service was great, plus they sent home an AMAZING “doggie” bag with all the food they served plus anything else you could possibly want the night of your wedding (Champagne, fruit, cheese, something salty and sweet, the cake!!). If it was just based on the day of they would get an A+ but I didn’t find them the easiest to deal with prior to the day. They weren’t our first choice after the tastings but they were our second and they won because they fit our budget better, but I have to say our wedding food was even better than our tasting. When dealing with the company about the invoice/estimate, I always felt like I was being a pain. That being said, everything turned out great, and I kept cost as low as I could.

Star of Texas Liquor- (A)- Very easy to work with, helped planned out alcohol and made AMAZING sangria for our wedding.

Amy’s Ice Cream (A+)- fabulous!! We used them instead of a grooms cake. They even brought a small container of gummi bears since they remembered from an email that they were my favorite!

Trudy’s Four Star (A)- Husbands family took care of the planning but the food and service were great and the deck is awesome.

Mancino Iron (A+)- Alan is great to work with and his pieces were amazing! I used lanterns and cake stand and they were perfect. If I had no budget, I could have used so much more. They were very reasonably priced.

Go Dance (A++)- We love Sarah B, she helped us create an amazing first dance. Also we had another instructor out for the rehearsal dinner and she did a great job teaching everyone to two step. The group classes are also awesome.

Merecedes Flowers (B)- My bouquet was gorgeous and I was thrilled with it, and all the flowers she used were perfect. However, she really doesn’t communicate by email. In my initial meeting with her, I let her know that flowers weren’t my top priority and I needed to watch my budget. I thought she understood and her vision seemed to fit mine perfect. She also was the cheapest quote. As some time passed, I tried to change somethings to reduce the price more and asked for her opinion, but every change she gave me a new quote rather than offering an opinion so by the end of a chain of emails, I was confused and she said she had no idea what I wanted and hadn’t offered any solutions. I had to meet with her in person to get everything figured out which was hard given that I work nights. Also in the end although I was happy with the actual flowers, but the arrangements weren't great. The quantity of flowers in the arrangements did not seem to match her description or price. Also she didn’t use floral foam in the vase so that the flowers didn’t sink during transport (more flowers would have also done the trick). When I mentioned to her after, her reasoning was that she thought the flowers needed water instead- which I am pretty sure you can still use with floral foam. I

Austin Flower Company (A)- I put together the flowers for the aisle arrangements. I wish I would have had time to do the centerpieces because for 1/8 of the price of the arranged flowers, I had equally as pretty of flowers for the 12+ mason jars. Austin Flower Company was great to work with and when one of the flower types we ordered came in broken, they found great replacements at another wholesaler in town.

East Austin Succulents (A)- we bought nearly all the succulents used for the wedding from here. They had a great selection and good prices.

Rick Van Dyke (A+)- we bought several really cool unique pots  and pots filled with succulents from him to use as decoration. He is a local artist.

Live Oak DJ (Jacob) (A)- He did a great job, he even managed to get our relatives to dance which is difficult.

Lake Austin Strings (C)- My husband was not very happy with them, mainly the trumpeter. The trumpeter lost his music due to a light wind (duh, we are outside on a hill!) and overall his sound wasn’t great. They weren’t as good as the website makes them seem, and my husband wishes he would have gone with the cheaper strings as the sound was comparable to theirs.

Rae Cosmetics (A+)- LOVE their makeup and the girls did a fabulous job on our makeup and were super entertaining. Everyone looked fabulous all night, including my mother in law who barely ever wears makeup.

Teddy Baker, Vain Salon (A-)- I LOVED my hair but my bridesmaids weren’t thrilled. Most of the reason is that they told her to do whatever she wanted. Their hair looked great despite it not matching what they thought but didn’t tell her.

Davids Bridal- (A)- no problems and my dress was perfect, it was also only altered once there and they did a good job.

Etsy (PenelliBelle A+)- She did a fabulous job on my necklace and earrings and they could not have been more perfect for the dress!!

Papyrus  (A+)- Very helpful for the invitations and the thank yous! They came out perfect and the girls there were extremely helpful and responsive to all my emails.

Hill Country Photobooth (A)- Everyone loved it & I got it ½ off with a groupon.

Whim Rentals- required to use by Camp Lucy, no problems with them and the caterer ordered so I don’t have much to say

For some pictures see momentsbykeeley.com I am the only wedding up.

Re: Vendor Reviews 7/6/12

• Options
    Congratulations slk!

I loved your flower selection. Your wedding looked like a great time... you just reminded me that I also need to share my pictures and wedding reviews soon!

Thanks for sharing your day with us.Laughing
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards