Texas-Austin
Options

Thurman's Mansion?

Has anyone been to a wedding out there on the property or just used the Salt Lick as a Rehearsal Dinner location? I live near the one that's out towards Hutto (near the Dell Diamond) but I've heard the original location is really beautiful.

I was thinking it might be kind of neat for our out-of-state guests to try real Texas BBQ! :) Probably pretty expensive though.

Re: Thurman's Mansion?

• Options
    I'm getting married at Thurman's Mansion in April. I've never attended a wedding there, so I can't comment on that, but the area is beautiful. A friend of mine went to a wedding there and said it was nice.  I can say what sold us on the venue was the atmosphere, the great food and partially the staff (that is awesome).

We just had dinner at the original Salt Lick last week. You have the original pit that has been around for eons... so it is definitely yummy.  If you just want dinner at the original SL you can do the all-u-can eat for $19.99 per person, or you can just get a plate or buy the meat by weight. I can't eat $19.99 worth of meat and sides so I opted for the by the weight method. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards