Texas-Austin
Options

Need a dress

Hello all,
I'm from San Antonio and I have yet to find my wedding gown.  I am considering driving to Austin and visit Balina Bridal.  Has anyone been there?  Can you give me your review. Also what is the price range for alterations, veils, tiarra's and bridal slip?
Thanks

Re: Need a dress

• Options
    stacylhaustinstacylhaustin member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi,

I bought my dress at Balina Bridal.  The shop doesn't look like much so if you need the full service bridal experience it might not be for you.  They were very laid back and I had a great experience there. 

The ladies were always very friendly and I thought the dresses were reasonable.  I tried on about 10 and I don't think any were over $1400.  I had told them my budget and they stuck with it so I honestly don't know the complete price range of the store.  They don't do their own alterations, there is someone downstairs they recommend or you will have to find your own.  I got a very simple veil for about $80, I think they offer half price hair ornaments/veils if you order them with your dress.
  • Options
    may2005may2005 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Also, try Alexia Gavela.  I've heard great reviews about their store.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

If you come to Austin be sure to visit Alexia Gavela (Geri & the rest of the staff there are amazing & alterations are great!) and then Blush which is right down the street. Unbridaled & Melange are also great - all those places have some beautiful and unique dresses you may not see at Balina or Serendipity. A really big one right off I-35 is Belle-Saison. It's great, but there is a lot to choose from...be warned!

~ Trish Finfer
    Blog

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I have actually been to several of the suggested bridal stores and ended up going to Signature Bridal in Lakeway...best service out of all the other places I had gone, including Alexia Gavela and Belle Saison.  I worked with one consultant and she accommodated every one of my requests without ever making me feel like I was a bother.  They also host a lot of trunk shows so, you have a good chance of finding a great dress and getting it at a discounted price.  If you are making the drive to Austin, I highly recommend setting up an appointment with them.  Good luck
  • Options
    MindalouMindalou member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you're going to drive from SA to ATX, you might consider stopping in New Braunfels at Celebrations.  Although I haven't bought my dress yet, I have had a very pleasant experience shopping there.  
  • Options
    nroach78nroach78 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress at Unbridaled in south Austin. It was a wonderful experience. I got mine when they were having a sample sale. They host a lot of trunk shows. It's worth checking out their blog.
  • Options
    rammo01rammo01 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all for your suggestions.  I will make my appts soon.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards