Texas-Austin
Options

Tell me about Nature's Point?

I love the way it looks (I am working on a doctorate in CO so I haven't visited in person).

I would love to hear the good and bad about this venue. 

Do they have multiple weddings at one time?

Is there enough room for dancing with ~ 115 guests?

Re: Tell me about Nature's Point?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I got married at Nature's Point in October. I just posted my review last week if you want to go read it. I absolutely loved it! And No they only have 1 wedding per day and there is definitely room for dancing with 115 guests....we had 150 and it was great! Feel free to PM with any questions.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for your reply! I read your review and NP sounds like the perfect place....I can't wait to set up a visit.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We'll be getting married at NP in May and are very excited to have it there.  I would suggest you talk to Lindsay, the coordinator/property manager, and she'll happily address any questions or concerns you may have.  I can tell you this, it is so very beautiful at NP.   Unlike anything else in Austin, and any other wedding I've been to.  We visited again in September, and I got to see it lit up at night, and I felt totally renewed in my planning process.  I felt like no matter what happened, whether or not I made a mistake in the colors I chose or the music I pick, or whatever...that our wedding will be fantastic and memorable no matter what because we are getting married at an amazing location.  Living in CO, you know how much fresh air and a beautiful view can add to an event.

Lindsay can probably send you a link to a video shot at NP for a wedding last spring.  It always helps to watch video vs pictures.  I'm very happy with the caterer thus far, Sterling Affairs.  You have to pick from one of three choices and I thought they tasted best and were actually less $ than I thought they would be.  NP is making improvements this winter including paving the road that leads to the venue and adding a parking lot adjacent to the venue (currently guests have to park a 1/4 mile down the road and be shuttled to the venue...not a big deal but the new lot will definitely add a logistical convenience that I'm uber-pumped about).  I can also tell you that Lindsay has been wonderful...answering all my lengthy emails with questions on everything from vendor recs to etiquette advice.  So I think she'd be very helpful to someone planing their wedding from afar.

The only con I can think of is that it is located about 45 min to 1 hr from downtown, but hey, it kind of adds a destination feel.  And at least the ceremony and reception will be at the same place.  We are planning to rent a bus or shuttles to take guests from our downtown hotel to the venue.  It can get windy up there too, so keep that in mind as far as your hairstyle goes...and only certain candles have success staying lit (tealights in tall narrow glass cylinders).

Hope that helps!  Please feel free to PM me as well with any questions.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    That helps a ton!! Thanks! I love the shuttle idea, please let me know what company you decide on and how it works out. 

Where are you having the ceremony/reception? From the photos I like the Arbor for the ceremony and if possible the pavilion for the reception. I will contact Lindsey in April when I am back in Texas, I really want to see it in person!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

They have already added parking near the venue - all of our guests were able to park there instead of the other lot - so that was a nice surprise!! Juliette- if you have a date in mind I wouldn't wait on contacting Lindsay if possible. We booked in May 09 and could not get the date we wanted in Oct 10!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We will be having the ceremony at the arbor...beautiful garden ceremony.  Then dining on the upper deck and dancing on the lower deck (both have the great view of the lake).  All weather permitting of course.  If it's raining - which of course it won't be! - the ceremony will be on the upper deck, dining inside or possibly on the upper deck, and dancing on the upper deck.

Dates do fill up fast.  I booked in February 2010 and April 2 and May 7 were the last available dates in April/May.  If you won't be seeing the venue or booking until this April, I would plan on seeking a date in fall 2012.  Of course, if you aren't planning on getting married in high season (April, May, Oct) you'll have more openings.  I can tell you that giving yourself a year and a half to plan could be beneficial!

There is an open house there in March FYI.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards