Texas-Austin
Options

Kali kate

Hi everyone,
Has anyone used or been to a wedding or an event at kali kate?  Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Kali kate

• Options
    screamsscreams member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been in a wedding at Kali Kate and it's such a beautiful location. My friend said the only draw back was their wedding coordinator who was bossy and a bit crazy. During the rehearsal dinner she had left her sign in frame and something else and the lady totally lost it in the 24 hours so my friend doesn't have her signed frame by all her guests. Other than that it's a great place. Oh yeah and the place where you get ready is at the house of the daughter of the owners - that was really really weird to get ready in someone else's house.
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to one at Kali Kate, really pretty - it was July and was a bit steamy before the sunset. The bride had to change out of her dress - it was just too hot.  But the event ran really smoothly and the venue has lots of room. But, I agree they need to set up a brides room - dressing in someone elses house would be a bit uncomfortable.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We got married there this past November and it was absolutely wonderful! The weather was perfect and the staff was a huge help. I have heard the same thing about the coordinator who works for Kali Kate being a bit crazy. We went with an outside coordinator, Melinda Ledbetter with Magical Marriages and she was definitely worth every penny we spent. We're huge fans of the venue....I wish we could get married all over again there :)
    Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    decjunkiedecjunkie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I attended a wedding there in October and my friend had no problem with the coordinator.  The place is absolutely beautiful.  They do need to get a place for the bride to change.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards