Texas-Austin
Options

Wedding Invitations

I'm considering making my own wedding invitations and the other paper goods to save some money. Has anyone done this and know a place to get card stock and ribbon for a good price? Also, if you have made your invitations, do you think you saved money or did it come out about the same as ordering them? 

Re: Wedding Invitations

• Options
    SarahPLizSarahPLiz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used a kit from Michaels. It was easy, they came out great, and they were very economical. I did change up the ribbon color and use a colored font to print them, but just the basic kit was all I needed. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    erolliserollis member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am thinking of getting a kit from Michaels. It has everything we would need at a really good price. Plus they have coupons from time to time where you can get 50% one item. If you need two or more sets you go with a couple of people and you each purchase one. Not the best for Michaels since you are getting it for a steel but good for you.

We have created our save the dates and will create our programs. Programs we will be able to print at home but the save the dates will need to be printed at kinkos or someplace. What we are doing is going to save us a ton of money.

As for ribbon look for coupons or sales at Michaels or Hobby Lobby. I got 3 yards of ribbon for $1 recently. So I ended up getting 12 yards for $4.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    SarahPLizSarahPLiz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can print save the dates at VIstaPrint, usually just for the shipping. If you sign up for their emails you can get free stuff every week. Our STDs were basically free. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    sheadaysheaday member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We printed out STDs with Vista Print as well, came out to $40ish something.
    For invitations, I'm having someone design them and we're going to print and assemble them ourselves using Cards and Pockets.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards