Texas-Austin

Chapel Dulcinea

Has anyone been to a wedding here, or had their wedding here? I'm worried about some of the logistics, ie. the walk from the parking lot, the lack of seating, the lack of hiding area before walking down the aisle. Anyone have any feedback????
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Chapel Dulcinea

• edited February 2012
    I've coordinated a couple of weddings there when I was a wedding planner, and it is a bit of a hassle working out the logistics.  When I did those weddings, they had a golf cart take the bride up from the dressing room, so that helps with the distance the bride has to walk.  They also take the bride and groom back down after the ceremony.  If you have any older relatives that would have a hard time making the walk, they can also take them to and from the ceremony site.  For this to really work, you would need someone up at the top and someone down at the bottom communicating and letting eachother know when to send you up to the ceremony site.

The lack of seating is an issue if you have more than, say, 20 people.  They can stand, but there aren't very many seats.

It's a beautiful site and makes for great pictures, but it really is best for a small wedding.
    dscf4745-2
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards