Texas-Austin

Texas Seasons

Texas doesn't really have true seasons. We have warm, hot and really hot. So when it comes down to what the names of the seasons bring (ex: Spring- Easter, Summer- swimming + really hot, Fall - Thanksgiving + better weather, Winter- New Years) what is your favorite? Don't forget to say why!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Texas Seasons

• erolliserollis member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I will go first.

Fall - Because the weather is still hot but not unbearable. Plus I love everything that comes with the season! Thanksgiving, start of a new school year, Halloween and the richer heavier foods. Plus Fall brings my birthday and anniversary.
  • edited December 2011
    I vote Fall, which is why I chose an October wedding. I am outdoor person and the summers here are  too hot so I enjoy Austin fall the most!
  • edited December 2011
    I vote fal! I love the weather then, I usually spend most of my time outdoors! :-)
    Side note- does anyone know of any fall festivities in the area? Pumpkin picking, apple picking etc???? I know octoberfest is coming up, but anything else?
    Are we there yet?? Wedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I chose fall because that's usually the time of the year when it isnt sweltering hot outside, but it isn't freezing either.  We chose a March wedding date though since our anniversary is in March.
  • edited December 2011

I picked Spring, I love when the trees are just starting to get their leaves and everything is blooming.

• edited December 2011
    Summer for me! I love the really hot and swimming. I grew up always outside during the Texas summer and my kids do the same thing. Nothing more enjoyable than being at the lake grilling and swimming with your kids.
    Photobucket
    April 2012 April siggy challenge: How I relax image
    My Barely There Bio updated 7/12!
  • akg0053akg0053 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love fall. We wanted a fall wedding but my school schedule ended up being so crazy we couldn't pull it off. My favorite thing about it is that FI's birthday is the beginning of October, and since it's one thing right after another it's basically the start of the holiday season. 
    118 image
    Not caring about missing RSVPs because there aren't any rocks!
  • laleighmoorelaleighmoore member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I get excited about change of seasons but SUMMER is my fav! I am a summer baby, I love wearing LESS to NO clothes lol. I love the feel of the sun on my skin, it always excites me. Tank tops and flip flops for me!
    And I love the water.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • sksjaesksjae member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I picked Winter because I love wearing sweaters and scarves, and you cant really do that in other seasons. Plus the first day of Winter is the day before my birthday and I love having all of my family together for Christmas.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards