Texas-Austin
Options

hair/make-up...and cakes

hey there,
Any recommendations for hair/makeup for me and the wedding party?  I need someone to come to where we are getting ready.  I dont like to much drama or caked on makeup...preferably someone who does airbrush, as well.

Also, looking for relatively inexpensive, yet yummy cake makers?

Re: hair/make-up...and cakes

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Alyssa Garcia for makeup

Cake Creations for cakes.
  • Options
    MnMShawMnMShaw member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Tracy McCaskill tracymakeup@gmail.com
    Blog
    TTC #1 since February 2011
    BFP #1 1/14/12 EDD 9/24/12 m/c at 8w4d on 2/20/12
    March 2012- Dx with PCOS, started metformin
    July 2012- SA completely normal
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Make-up/Hair: Angela Parker with LucieMarie for make up - she was AMAZING. She did airbursh make up & hair for myself, the bridal party, and my mom and MIL. Everybody looked amazing and it lasted all day. I was tempted to sleep in the make up because I couldn't stand the thought of taking it off. Angela was so fun to work with - and she will travel to your location.

Cake: Classic Cakes by Lori in Dripping Springs. Her cakes are BEAUTIFUL, taste delicious and are so reasonably priced. We tried many cakes at the bridal extravaganza and hers were the best in my opinion. We were shocked when we found out her prices - such a pleasant surprise!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm using rosemarys cakes very reasonable and good
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Joanna Ruley-Garza for makeup.

Polka Dots Cupcakes for the cake. They do create actual cakes (not just cupcakes) and all of their flavors are super yummy! I'm getting a red velvet cake and for the groom's cake we're getting chocolate chip (basically chocolate cake with a cream cheese and chocolate chip filling).
  • Options
    jgele2jgele2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, girls, for your input!!  I'm finding it much harder to plan an out of town wedding than I thought...but this board has been so helpful!!!  Thanks for all the input :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Cake Plate - Westlake

The owner goes to my church.  His cakes are amazing!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used Keep Austin Gorgeous for hair/make up.  It worked out perfectly and I loved my hair makeup.

We used Nothing Bundt Cakes in Cedar Park for the bridal cake.  It was the best tasting and moist cake of all that we tried.  I also liked that it was traditional and not overly sweet.
  • Options
    Gabby0819Gabby0819 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using cakes by stacy for cakes and she is awesome and very reasonably priced. Her number is 5124705781. Tell her Gabby reffered you :)
  • Options
    NewbeginingNewbegining member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What where the price ranges for all the MUA's?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Cake's By Kathy has delicious cake.. Anytime I've gone to the wedding shows I always have to make a couple stops by their booth. I plan on using them for my cake, and from what I remember the pricing is pretty reasonable.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards