Texas-Austin
Options

Comet Cleaners/Vent/Help!

Hey everyone,
  I bought my dress off the rack, so it needs to be spot cleaned. I'm planning on having my dress alterations done at Alexia Gavela, and they referred me to Comet Cleaners on Far West, and told me to work directly with the manager. Despite all the bad reviews online, I talked to him, made an appt, and when I got there, the girl said that he went out to run errands and that she asked him, 'Don't you have an appointment with Karen?' and he said 'Oh, just ask her to reschedule." I was so mad, because I lugged my dress downstairs, drove it all the way up north just to turn around and go back home.

After just reading Dapo's Alexia Gavela alteration review, I'm nervous..especially after they'd refer me to such an unprofessionally run place. Now I don't know what to do. Do any of you have suggestions? I need to have all this done SOON. :S It's starting to stress me out.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Comet Cleaners/Vent/Help!

• Options
    SarahPLizSarahPLiz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think you should tell Geri at AG what happenned. He would not be happy with Comet for treating you that way.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I will need to have my dress spot-cleaned too, and my planner recommended Parkcrest Cleaners.  They are high-end, and from the reviews online seem pretty pricy, but it might be worth calling them to get a price quote. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    sheadaysheaday member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with SarahPlz, call Geri and let him know what happened. But at the same time you can't fault Alexia Gavela for the service you received at Comet Cleaners, they simply reccommended them- you didn't have to take your dress there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards