Texas-Austin
Options

Venue

So I started looking at Venues today, we are thinking MAX 150 people, w food and liquor what should be a good amount to pay. Anyone know of a good place in the area that allows you to supply the alcohol? So very new to this we just set a date today! We are getting married at JOP and then reception the next day so that is where the money is going to be spent and we really don't want to go over $5000, is that reasonable?  thank you in advance for all your help.

Re: Venue

• Options
    Ally55Ally55 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations on your engagement! Most places will allow you to bring in your own food and alcohol. If you look at vendors under The Knot, I think it says if outside food is available, if not they will say on the venues website.

Are you wanting outside or inside? What time of year. That may help some of us recommend some venues. 
  • Options
    kiarrai77kiarrai77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hummingbird House is great! We are having about 150 and they are great. hummingbirdhouse.info

• Options
    edited December 2011
    If you end up having your reception on a Sunday, then you are going to save a couple of thousands off the price. We are getting married in New Braunfels, and are able to bring in our own food and alcohol. However, we have to use their bartender. Good luck in your search and congrats on getting engaged!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There is a very wide variety in what you are asking. What area in austin, north, south, central? I think most venues are going to let you bring your own liquor and food. I would just google it and make a list of all the venues you like. And start calling them and write notes when you call.
    Baby Jaxon born 8/18/2012 @ 9:53am, 7lb 2oz!! At 37 weeks 5 days due to Pre-E via C-section.Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimageimage
  • Options
    ktaylorMCktaylorMC member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Vista was fabulous! Sidonee and her husband Larry immediately became part of the family and were willing to accomodate our needs immediately. The grounds are natural and beautiful- no fuss, just the beauty of trees, flowers, gardens, fountains and lantern lights. On several occasions they allowed me to bring various vendors up to walk thru and make plans. No extra cost, just needed a phone call and they had things open and lights on ready for us.
    The day of was spectacular! I will sing the praises of Vista on Seward Hill to anyone that will listen!
  • Options
    bmklepac84bmklepac84 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all for your help we are getting married 7/15/11. We are just going to have a reception, we are wanting indoor.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards