Texas-Austin
Options

No so awesome reception site staff

So I have a GREAT reception site. Cute, well priced and a discount if I sign by a certain date. Met the girl in charge and loved her. She had all my questions answered and assured me this would be fun and easy to get my dream wedding created. Flash forward one month and there is a new guy running the show. He never returns my calls, will never set an appointment "just call and see if i'm there before you come" and never returns emails. I'm super frusterated. 

He also told me I would be charged for all my white chairs when it clearly says in my contract otherwise. I swear I had to bully him to get him to back down. He also says this a lot "well, they used to do it that way but i'm making changes." Like insisting on having 5 of the 4 exits locked in my venues garden! What if there is an emergency?! Or the smokers want to move 5 feet away to smoke!?

This guy clearly does not have my needs at heart, no matter that they have my money and it's too late in the game to change venues. Any advice? I'm just in aw of how difficult he is making this. 
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: No so awesome reception site staff

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Stay strong! You have a contract for a reason... he can't change things that are clearly stated in it. Also, he can't legally have the exits blocked. It's a violation of the fire code. Threaten to call the fire marshal if you have to. 

Is this new guy the head honcho? See if you can go farther up the food chain to get what your contract promises. Most likely the owner doesn't know how the manager is treating their client, and he certainly won't want this bad press. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards