Texas-Austin

Venue Alternatives???

Reposting..I couldn't reply on the last post for some reason....

I am in love with the Wildflower Center, but I am not having a wedding in the summer so the logistics of trying to plan a wedding that will happen with the sun still up is a little difficult...

Does anyone have a suggestion for another place that has the same patio/lighting type and flowers or scenery other than just some oak trees?  I want it outside, but a few oak trees in the back ground doesn't really speak to me...especially not for what some of these places charge!

Re: Venue Alternatives???

• carlybarley7carlybarley7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't have a specific date set yet as we haven't picked a venue but we're looking at late 2012 early 2013...finding a venue shouldn't be a problem

Although I do know the Wildflower Center is already booked for the date I wanted most in 2013!! There aren't many people who plan that far in advance, I was surprised..
  • carlybarley7carlybarley7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Laguna Gloria is unfortunately out of my price range (or at least the price range I want to stay in...3000+ just to be let in is unbelievable to me!)....but definitely the idea I was looking for!

Anything else along those lines??
    I feel like my brain is fried!
  • edited December 2011
    Maybe try looking at this link to see if it gives you an inspiration.  I've heard that the Hummingbird House is really beautiful as well as Nature's Point.

http://austin.weddings.com/Local/austin-Reception---Ceremony-Sites/VendorResults.aspx/CAR
  • edited December 2011
    I'm having it at the Hummingbird house, the grounds are beautifullllll. 
  • edited December 2011
    We'll be getting married at Nature's Point next month.  It is so beautiful.  The grounds, the view, the structure itself.  Every time I've visited (2 open houses, a planning meeting, seeing it lit up at night), I've been reminded that no matter what happens that day...no matter what might go wrong, it will be a great experience for us and our guests because this place is just amazing.  Lindsay, the manager/coordinator, has also been great to work with.

http://www.naturespoint.com/

Best of luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards