Texas-Austin
Options

illios lighting, who's used them??

I was referred to Ilios Lighting by Laura at Marquee Events. I haven't received an email back from Ilios yet but I wanted to know who has used them and can vouch for their service and tell me how the pricing is. I don't have a huge budget so I just wanna know what I'm getting myself into and if it realistically fits within my means. So let me know how your Ilios experience was girls!

OH! and if you know of any other good lighting/ decor companies in Austin, let me know!

Thanks Girls!!!
Steph

Re: illios lighting, who's used them??

• Options
    rerawaltrerawalt member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't gotten a quote from illios because I have heard that they are well over a grand (keep in mind I have no official knowledge so that could be wrong).  

It was recommended to me that if you want crazy rediculous lighting, get a lighting company.  If you want spots for the cake, uplighting, monogram on the dance floor - check with your DJ.  My DJ (Greenbelt) offers uplighting for $35 each with a minimum of 8 and recommended of 16.  My videographer (Altared Weddings) also has a lighting package including uplighting, cake spots and monogram for $695.  

HTH
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Altared Weddings as well! my situation is a bit strange bc I am making the lighting fixtures and really just need someone to hang them professionally lol

thanks for the info!!
  • Options
    geriknelsongeriknelson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check into Interactive Entertainment Systems.  http://www.interactiveesystems.com/imagesotherevents.html

I am using them, since they were the MOST reasonable lighting solution for my budget and venue.  I'm pretty sure I got a quote from Ilios but they were WAY out of budget. 

Richard with IES quoted me over $1000 LESS for the SAME THING!  My wedding is in November, so check back for a review and pics, but if you go to his website, they have pics of many of his events.
  • Options
    astrobunny5astrobunny5 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My quote from them was well over $2700. I went with Howard from First In/Last Out (FILO) based on recommendations. He quoted me at 1700 including uplighting, pinspotting on cakes, dance floor lighting and gobo.
    Melanie
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards