Texas-Austin
Options

Austin Reception Venues

Hello!!!  I am new to the boards. My fiance and I are getting married in Austin on a Friday in September.  We live in Dallas and are looking for places to have the reception.  We plan on having 60-80 people and my ideal budet for the space rental, food, and alcohol (beer and wine) for 4 hours would be $2,500....any suggestions???
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Austin Reception Venues

• Options
    erolliserollis member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited January 2012
    This is a very nice inexpensive place and way to have a wedding. http://www.chapeldulcinea.org/ Although I don't think you can have alcohol there it's still a good place for the ceremony.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    That's funny!  We are getting married there!!  They have a reception hall, but just to rent it is $4,000.  Eek!  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    What kind of venue are you looking for? We're doing both at the Zilker Clubhouse. It rents for about $1,000 but doesn't include anything. There's a brick and wood building and a big patio area. It's got beautiful views of downtown and the river.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Maybe you could look into having it at a restaurant. They normally have party rooms that can accommodate groups. Also hotels would be a good place to look. The fee for a hotels room is normally inexpensive in comparison and includes tables and chairs.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We married at the Caswell House -- it's beautiful and reasonably priced. 

For a Friday night, it costs $1150.  If you do use one of their preferred vendors, you will get a $200 refund.  We were allowed to bring in our own alcohol if we had a TABC-certified bartender -- that saved us quite a bit of money.
  • Options
    I'd recommend a restaurant.  Iron cactus downtown has a $1000 minimum and their prices are very reasonable.
    dscf4745-2
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards