Texas-Austin

HELP my venue burned down

Ok, so the actual reception hall is still standing but I was going to get married in Bastrop State Park on April 14th and well...it is 99% burned.

I entered the City of Austin venue lottery (deadline today!!) and have my fingers crossed but need to have another option
 I have also been getting the run around from a ranch in Johnson city that is only affordable to me because of a connection I have.

I need a venue that is $2,000 or less.  Mercury hall is now $4,000 for a Saturday night!!
Any other ideas???

Re: HELP my venue burned down

• edited December 2011
    are you looking to stay in Bastrop area?  I am getting married this weekend at Bastrop Christian Church.  It is a beautiful church.  It is small, holds max 140-150.
  • jackiejo77jackiejo77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How many people are you you having and is there a particular look and feel you are going for?

You could try Brushy Creek MUD's center in Cedar Park. There's also a place owned by the City of Lakeway or the American Legion Building on Mopac & town Lake. Not sure how much the Federations of Women's Club is going for these days but I have a friend that got married at Caswell house and it was fairly inexpensive.
  • edited December 2011
    This is great and super helpful. These are the kind of places I had in mind. I am having about 150ish people and want something casusal (not church) and not necessarily out near Bastrop. Anywhere around Austin. I will look into these suggestions and see if anything works. Will let yall know :)
  • edited December 2011
    hey!  Im so sorry to hear about your troubles..

i don't know if this helps- but i found a great place in Buda, TX.  i don't think it is that far from bastrop.  it is called Le San Michele.  It is a really nice house on a big piece of property. 

Give them a look- pics don't do it justice and the owner, Virginia, is super friendly and helpful.

good luck!
    Oct 15 is just around the corner! :)
  • edited December 2011
    texas old town in kyle
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Im getting married at cedar bend in Cedar Creek near Bastrop. Very cheap! cedarbendevents.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards