Texas-Austin

Review on The Omni in Downtown Austin- HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

My husband and I used the Omni as our wedding headquarters this past August 2011. From the moment I began negotiations in December 2010 with Sales Manager, Colleen Gerry, I was impressed. Not only did they offer an extremely competitive room block rate, their customer service was topnotch from day 1. I was an out-of-state bride and had many questions throughout the year of planning. Colleen and her team never hesitated in their responses and were always very prompt with their communications. Two months before the wedding, Emily Lafaure, the Group Rooms Coordinator, would send me a rooming update at the end of every week. This was a tremendous help in itself and Emily was such a joy to work with!  Also, every time a guest or myself walked through the doors of the Omni, the staff always greeted us, every time. The managers & concierge were always very courteous and made it a point to introduce themselves to me, my groom and our families. We also heard many rave reviews from our guests, noting how amazing the Omni staff was from the front desk staff to the valet. Whenever we needed anything, whether it was a last-minute haircut, a trash bag or needed to replace a lost tie, the Omni delivered. It's worth noting the shops located within the hotel are so conveniently located and certainly came in use to both our guests and myself! More specifically, 95% of my guests traveled  to Austin from the Northeast for our wedding weekend. The weekend of our wedding was the same weekend the hurricane hit the East Coast. The Omni staff and concierge, without hesitation, were on the phone and online with airlines getting my guests flights rescheduled and coordinating available flights on their behalf. Not only did they assist in this manner, the Omni also extended the group rate to those who were "stranded" for additional days because of the hurricane. Some of our guests had to stay an extra 4 days! The Omni was truly a lifesaver, on all fronts, for both me and my guests. I honestly cannot say enough good things about my experience with the Omni in downtown Austin and I guarantee you 200 of my wedding guests can't either! I would HIGHLY recommend using the Omni for both personal and group/corporate functions! THANK YOU, OMNI!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards