Texas-Austin
Options

Austin Catering - Possible to provide food/beverages for 50 guests for under $2k?

I'm finding the extra little charges along with the food prices a bit dizzying as I search for caterers. Has anyone had good success getting a quote to provide food and beverages for 50 guests for under 2k? Is this even possible?  

Thanks!

Re: Austin Catering - Possible to provide food/beverages for 50 guests for under $2k?

• Options
    edited January 2012
    Tacodeli! 
    Granted we're not fancy - but it's delish and our favorite thing to eat every weekend so...$1093 for $100 ppl...

Yes, please!

For alcohol... it's probably going to be another $1000 with our crowd :) and a friend that's a bartender manning the margarita machine and bar.
  • Options
    Oh my goodness yes! If only I had that kind of budget for food and drinks for 100 people. We just had cake, drinks, beer & wine, and apps.

The cost of drinks will go down if you only serve wine, beer and one mixed drink. Or just wine and beer. 50 people also require 1 bartender normally if the drinks are not complicated.

You can easily get a buffet for about $12 per person at most places. The fancier the food, more time consuming, the more it's going to cost. BBQ, tex mex and pasta seem to be fairly affordable.

Sorry I have no suggestions for specific places. Is there a certain kind of dish (fish, tacos, steaks, etc.) that you are wanting?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    For a really really good meal, and drinks--try Cafe Express.  The name sounds like something that wouldn't seem like wedding catering, but trust me---the food was excellent, hot, and our guests were complimenting the whole night.  The prices are great as well! 
    Mr. & Mrs. Marquez livin' happily ever after--11/26/11
  • Options
    Thanks so much, we are going to check them out! We aren't yet sure if we are going for more formal food or more casual
  • Options
    Try Events by Emily.  They are very well organized and can handle all the rentals if they are needed.
    dscf4745-2
    Anniversary
  • Options
    These days you can approach caterers with your budget to see what suggestions they come up with. 

I used to see Dagar's Catering and Courtney's listed alot on this site as reasonably priced caterers.
  • Options
    Romeo's Italian is about $10/person and provides all the plates, glassware and silverware.  Each server is $7/hr with the person in charge of catering on site for no additional charge.  Very nice to work with.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards