Texas-Austin

whole sale flowers?

Anyone had experience with ordering whole sale flowers and making your own table arrangements?  How did that work out? 

Re: whole sale flowers?

• edited December 2011
    Not done it yet but we are ordering from the Flower Bucket and making the bouquets the day of since they will be simple hand tied. I think if you plan on doing more simple centerpieces it would be totally doable as long as you had a cool place to keep the flowers the day/night before if you can't pick them up the day of for whatever reason.
    ~ Trish Finfer
    Blog

• j_cornaj_corna member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Austin Flower Company, a friend has used them for many events before and given them rave reviews.

Jessica
  • edited December 2011
    I am ordering my centerpiece flowers from Sam's Wholesale Club using their bulk flowers.  I have not ordered from them before, but read through their reviews and decided to give it a try.  It seems as long as you follow the directions on how to handle the flowers upon arrival the flowers will be perfectly beautiful; (i.e. be available for delivery, cut the flowers and immerse in water and keep cool).  It is much cheaper than anywhere else I've looked.  I purchased bubble vases from Hobby Lobby - on sale 1/2 price and will be making the centerpieces the day before.

P.S.  I've ordered our bouquets, corsages, boutinneres, etc. from HEB Super Plus! floral department.  They showed me an album of photos of previous weddings as well as took me into the cooler and showed me flowers for a wedding that was being held that day.  I was very impressed! 

Good luck to you!
  • edited December 2011
    austin flower company is the best. I use them quite often. They are very easy to work with, and theiy have great flowers, and great prices.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards