Texas-Austin

Cajun Menu?

Any suggestion for a Cajun menu for an outdoor wedding in May? Also haven't found a cater yet suggestions there would be appreciated as well.

Re: Cajun Menu?

• SarahPLizSarahPLiz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There used to be a guy who did catering and owned a restaurant in Manor, but I forget his name and the restaurant closed in 2008. It was really good, though. 

For May, when it will be hot, I'd suggest something along the lines of a shrimp boil, catfish fry type situation. Nothing too heavy like gumbo or etoufee. 

Maybe ask around at Gumbos if you want fancy, or Sambets if you don't, and see if they know anyone. Also, there is a stuffed meat market on 620, and they might cater. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Sarah--- I know you are just joking, but we are not supposed to allow brides to offer services on here--- Can you please delete that line about getting paid to cater for her.... even though it is clearly a joke? I would appreciate it. Thanks love!
  • SarahPLizSarahPLiz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sure. And it was purely a joke. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I said that, no?! Thanks!
  • may2005may2005 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There is a restaurant off of Brodie Lane, called Evangeline's Cafe that does Cajun food.  Their website says they cater. 

Also, off of William Cannon, there is another restaurant, called Cypress Grill that also offers Cajun food.  I didn't see a mention of catering services there, but who knows?  Just call & see if they'll cater.  The owners are quite friendly.
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you May2005! =]
  • edited December 2011
    Sterling Affairs is our caterer and I've noticed they have cajun/creole options on their menu.  And they've told me they can create something off the menu, if you have something specific in mind.  I'm really happy with them so far.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards