Texas-Austin
Options

With all this rain...

I'm so worried that my outdoor wedding will be rained out. It's at a friend's property, but I have not been able to find any places/churches to rent as a backup. My church is completely booked. Any suggestions? I'm desperate. My wedding is less than four weeks away! 

Re: With all this rain...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Are you open to renting tents?  Unfortunately with outdoor weddings, if you don't have a covered space you can escape to, a tent is almost always a necessary precaution in Texas in the fall. I know Marquee lets you put down a deposit on outdoor tents (and they include plastic siding, fans, etc.) and then if you don't wind up needing it you lose the deposit... but have peace of mind for a back-up. Alternatively you could just start calling venues and see if folks have last-minute cancellations/openings or can put you on a waiting list.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Tent seems a good option, but this is Texas weather... give it a few minutes, it will change.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    i'm in the same boat....the way it's looking we are going to need one! LOL i checked the 10 day forcast and the only day there isn't a rain chance is tuesday the 14th. my life is going to be over if it rains on the 24th.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    SarahPLizSarahPLiz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    14 day forecasts are just guesses. They rarely ever turn out just as planned. This storm will pass soon. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    erolliserollis member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I live in Houston and a chance of rain forecast can be a sunny day in reality. It can also rain on one side of town and not the other. Weather forecasters are not omnipotent. They don't control the weather and can only give you an educated guess to what tomorrow may bring. If I remember correctly Austin has nicer weather in the fall then Houston and Texas weather is unpredictable. Rent a tent and use it. If it is super sunny out and hot it will provide a nice, cooler place for your guests.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards