Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

i dont know if this is ok

my fiance and i are thinking about holding our ceremony and reception at a beautiful cabin, with a mini waterfall and everything, and than staying the week for our honeymonn. we have a low budget, and only a small amount of guests. we want a very intimate feel. is it wrong to have the ceremony and reception at our honeymoon site?

Re: i dont know if this is ok

• Options
    As long as the guests are gone before the honeymoon starts then I wouldn't worry about it! haha I mean this is essentially the same idea as a destination wedding.  If people go to an island or beach hotel, they generally stay there for their honeymoon as well.  With a small guest list, I'm sure it would have a nice intimate feel like you're going for, so I say go for it!
  • Options
    That sounds fine.  We're doing a small Friday destination wedding in Las Vegas; we're staying through Tuesday on our honeymoon, and most of our guests are staying the weekend.  It'll give us a couple of extra days to hang out with everyone, then we'll have the whole following week to ourselves. 

It's really a personal decision.  Do you potentially want other people around for part/all of your honeymoon or not?  If you don't mind having other people around, that's not weird.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    We're doing it that, as well!

We're having a destination wedding (Bermuda) for our immediate families (13 people).  We're arriving on Tuesday, wedding is Thursday, and we will hang out with everyone until Saturday evening.  After that, we're officially on our honeymoon until the following week. 

Our families completely understand that we plan to stay and have our honeymoon there as well.  They asked us what day we wanted it to begin so we picked Sunday.  Most people will probably fly home that day, but if they plan to stay, they know we are no longer available. 
  • Options
    sad news. the site i wanted doesnt allow it, so now i have to look into other venues.
  • Options
    That sounds like a great idea! I tried getting FI to do destination wedding in Australia then having our honeymoon there but he wanted the whole she-bang with a ton of friends and family..
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards