Texas-Austin
Options

Rehearsal dinnner sites?

So i am interested in where you all have planned or are planning to have your rehearsal dinner here in Austin? We were looking into Trudy's but they have been so unresponsive.

Re: Rehearsal dinnner sites?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    i'm not sure how many people you are having or what area you want it to be in, but if you are wanting tex mex, i know iron cactus up north near capital of texas has a great room you can reserve for rehearsal dinners and have heard great things about having them there.
  • Options
    lgurnielgurnie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had our rehearsal lunch at Primizie.  I'm not sure if they can accomodate dinners or not.  They're usually closed on Sat. afternoons, so we had the place to ourselves. The food was AMAZING and the service was perfect.  Might be worth checking to see if they can do dinners.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We went with The Belmont. We also looked at Serrano's downtown (which has a private 'house' out back I hear), Lambert's (kind of $$!), and Shoreline.
    ~ Trish Finfer
    Blog

• Options
    LasozaLasoza member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using Iron Cactus Downtown. They have a special room upstairs that we're using. There is a $200 rental fee (I believe) and an $1800 minimum (food and drinks).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are having ours at North by Northwest. The food is to die for and it is also a brewery so we thought it would be kind of cool for all of the OOT wedding party. But we also looked into the Iron Cactus which was right next door.
  • Options
    lotusbrendalotusbrenda member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Gino's or Mesa Rosa in Round Rock
  • Options
    MnMShawMnMShaw member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm pretty sure Trudy's isn't going to let you have it there unless there are 5 people.  We went there in October for DH's birthday with 10 people and they made us sit in 2 separate tables and told us they no longer put tables together.
    Blog
    TTC #1 since February 2011
    BFP #1 1/14/12 EDD 9/24/12 m/c at 8w4d on 2/20/12
    March 2012- Dx with PCOS, started metformin
    July 2012- SA completely normal
  • Options
    sarainaustinsarainaustin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We looked into Trudy's as well... We also checked out Chuys.  Both were very reluctant to help.  Our wedding coordinator, Stephanie, said that she used to work at Chuy's and places like that don't usually accomdoate parties/rooms like that.  They're just far too busy and will make more money rotating the tables.  Per her recommendation, we're currently working with El Arroyo down on 5th.  They have been SUPER SUPER helpful.  They have different areas/rooms you can rent out... even their patio!  And their room rental fee is low and the food is great.  also it's an Austin landmark, so it's fun to show people from out of town.

And of course, who could forget that it's also minutes from the hubub/fun of downtown?!  I'm pretty sure we're going to go that way eventually with a fajia buffet.
  • Options
    cstrattontxcstrattontx member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies for the suggestions!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards