Texas-Austin
Options

Don't use Ann Taylor for your bridesmaid's dresses

Ok, so I don't usually post negative comments but here's the situation. I have been in contact with AnnTaylor for over 2 months regarding the bridesmaid's dresses I picked. Long story short, after 2 months of being assured they would be available I have today been told that "we are a boutique store and never wanted so many customers". They have no dresses available and have no interest in helping me get them. I am now 3 months from my wedding date and I am having to pick new dresses. Ladies, I have been a fan of AnnTaylor for over 15 years but this is unacceptable. My advice: if you are planning a wedding or special occasion, don't include AnnTaylor in your plans.

Re: Don't use Ann Taylor for your bridesmaid's dresses

• Options
    edited December 2011
    That's a terrible situation. Do you know where you are planning on getting bridesmaid dresses now? Since your wedding is only three months away, you might have to pay rush fees.
    planning bio
    "My favorite color is fluorescent beige."
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am looking at Nordstroms. They actually have a dress that is similar to the one I chose and more affordable. If we order now I should have them in about a week.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's great. Good luck!
    planning bio
    "My favorite color is fluorescent beige."
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    that's so random! ann taylor is so NOT a boutique store! good luck in finding your replacement dresses!
    if it's helpful, i've always seen really cute dresses for the spring from anthropologie. and i've even seen some great weddings that used urban outfitters for their bridesmaid dresses.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Try J Crew as well.  They have a great selection and I found a dress there for my girls that was VERY similar to many of the Ann Taylor dresses as well.  HTH!
  • Options
    tkalaurietkalaurie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Alfred Angelo told me that it takes 4-6 weeks to get the bridesmaid dresses in and they have tons to choose from.  So you'll need to hurry, but you still have time to find exactly what you want! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards