Texas-Austin
Options

Winfield Inn

I am strongly considering The Winfield Inn as my venue. Have any of y'all had/are having your wedding there. If so, what have y'all heard about it? positives and negatives??

Re: Winfield Inn

• Options
    edited December 2011

I am strongly considering The Winfield Inn as my venue. Have any of y'all had/are having your wedding there. If so, what have y'all heard about it? positives and negatives??

• Options
    c&cs2011c&cs2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I considered Winfield Inn for my venue!  The ladies there are terrific!! All I had heard was great reviews on them, some people wished they weren't so "all-inclusive" but it depends on what you want and your budget!!  Good luck :)
  • Options
    Angie10726Angie10726 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I JUST went to a wedding there in May. As a guest I thought it was absoltuely beautiful, but INSANELY hot. The ceremony & reception were both outside and it started at 6pm. Once the sun went down, it was totally fine.

If you are going to have it there during a summer month, maybe have fans for your guests....? just a suggestion. Other than that, it was beautiful! :)
    ~Angie Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We considered the Winfield Inn and fell in love with it from the website. The top 10 reasons brides choose them helped us fall in love with it even more until we got our quote back and were under the impression it would be around $11,000. However when we got our quote it was closer to $16,000. Our quote was for 130 guests and it quickly added up. I couldn't go through with the fact that I would spent $16,000 without having a dress, photographer, florist, cake, etc. So instead we went another route and are more than pleased with what was offered to us at Hummingbird House. It's a gorgeous venue so I recommend that you take a tour just know that if budget is a concern it may not be the best place!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are booked at the Winfield Inn for our wedding and can't say enough positives about our experience so far.  April is our wedding planner and has been on top of everything from day one.  We were extremely happy with our initial quote, as it was under our budget by a lot.  We had to increase our guest count by 25 and although the costs did change our quote, it still was within our original budget.  They are very flexible and willing to give you alternatives to try and work within your budget - you just have to be honest and upfront with them imho.  If you haven't had a chance to meet them and tour the facility, I would highly recommend doing that.  I will admit we are a little concerned about the heat too but, they have given us some ideas on how to handle things should it be warm so, I think we should be ok.  HTH 
  • Options
    a-c-da-c-d member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had our wedding there this past April and I can't say enough good things about them. We wanted something relatively stress-free and the crew at the Winfiled did just that!

Our initial quote was way over our budget. However, we were honest with them about what we wanted to spend and they worked with us until they got it down. So, don't let their first estimate scare you away. We changed our menu a few times to fit our budget and the food was still AWESOME. We also provided all the plates, cups, etc so that we didn't pay their rental fees.

April was our coordinator but we also worked closely with Robyn. They are the MOST positive and upbeat folks... I am not sure they even know how to frown. They were responsive to email and phone calls and so flexible.

It was a little warm for us since everything was outside however, once the sun went down it was so nice. We got SO MANY compliments on how beautiful and serene the place was. They don't miss a thing.

We also reserved all the rooms in the Inn the night of the wedding for our families. Then hosted a breakfast there the next morning. The food was fabulous and the set-up out on the front porch was beautiful .

Here is my full review... LINK
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Just booked there this last month for a wedding in October 2012 and from what I have delt with April about so far has been more than amazing and already decreased my stress level. Cant wait to see how the rest of the planning goes.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards