Texas-Austin
Options

Hotelplanner.com

Just wanted to post for anyone looking to reserve a block of rooms for your wedding that hotelplanner.com is amazing! I simply went in and filled out a form that listed the number of rooms, travel dates, and the like and then hotels in the area "bid" on my block of rooms. I started out trying to contact hotels through the hotel's RFP process and wasn't nearly this successful. Within one week, I had multiple hotels to choose from at all price points with various terms. Anyone looking for room blocks should give it a try!

Re: Hotelplanner.com

• Options
    Ally55Ally55 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had debated using Hotelplanner but after trying to contact several different hotels for our lower end hotel I just gave in a submitted my request. Hopefully I will get some good rates back. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used this, too.  Made things super easy, although I'm not positive how many of our guests will opt to stay at the hotel we blocked.  Oh well.  I tried.
  • Options
    SarahPLizSarahPLiz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used it and it was awesome
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    laleighmoorelaleighmoore member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I started looking into this the other day because it had not occurred to me to block rooms, soon after I got started I was referred to this site from Kayak.com.

Can anyone share their experience with blocking rooms? I am confused about the term. Does this make you responsible for paying for the rooms or just the remainder of what is left after guests book? We are on a budget and most of our guests are coming from out of town but we cannot afford to rent $1k+ in hotel rooms for our guests.

Any advice would be great! Thanks!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards