Texas-Austin

Need shoe help

Okay ladies everyone here is so very helpful I wanted to get opinions. The question white shoes or colored. Im not finding very many white shoes that I actually like but ive found a TON of silver shoes that I love. How do you all feel about silver shoes with a white dress. It will be a spring wedding and my wedding colors are navy white and silver. Thanks for any help you can give.
Photobucket
April 2012 April siggy challenge: How I relax image
My Barely There Bio updated 7/12!

Re: Need shoe help

• edited December 2011

I think colored/silver shoes are totally acceptable! When I started looking for white I realized I wasn't going to find the exact shade of white to match my dress - I was being pretty anal about it haha...I have silver beading on my dress so I decided silver was perfect. I found cute/comfortable silver sandals at Macys that I loved so I bought those. You can't really see them under the dress anyways but I still think they match pretty well!

• mistyleonmistyleon member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm planning to wear silver shoes with an ivory dress.  My wedding colors are dark purple and silver.  Based on wedding magazines and websites, the trend now is for brides to wear shoes that are every color of the rainbow.  I liked that I'll be able to wear the silver shoes that I bought again after the wedding too, which probably would not have been the case for me with a pair of white "wedding" shoes. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    My dress is ivory & I don't want to hassle with trying to find the 'perfect' shade of ivory, so I'm making my shoes my something blue. I love the pics I've seen where the shoes are colored and are peeking out from under the wedding dress. Silver sounds like it would go well with your wedding colors.
  • kiarrai77kiarrai77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm going for a bright blue or apple green. No way I could match my dress and it allows me to have a pop of color and fun.
  • edited December 2011
    YES YES YES to silver or any other color than white. They look great in photos!
  • SarahPLizSarahPLiz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Unless you dress is short, I don't think anyone but you will know what color your shoes are. I went with ivory, but I was looking for colored. My shoes just jumped out at me, and were on clearance, so I bought them. PIB
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I am wearing red shoes with my ivory dress!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    April 2011 Siggy Challenge: Hair
  • edited December 2011
    Go for the color shoes! I got some really cute pictures with mine (that were lime green). No one saw them unless I lifted my dress up but they were still fun :)
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the help ladies I think ill go with the silver ones. I was just worried as my shoes WILL show some as im having my dress altered a little short because my bridesmaids and I will all be changing into flip flops at the reception after major pics are done for comfy dancing. Im having custom made flip flops done for me and my bridesmaids.
    Photobucket
    April 2012 April siggy challenge: How I relax image
    My Barely There Bio updated 7/12!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards