Texas-Austin
Options

All-Inclusive Hill Country Wedding for 25 guests-Need Venue

• TImeline- 4 months (November?)
  • Want wedding and reception in Hill Country that has a Texas-casual feel (think boots and beer, charming but not trashy, and fun!). 
  • Affordable- we're planning for 25 guests in order to keep it affordable! 
  • All-inclusive- wedding, reception, food, dj, (etc).  The less fuss the better due to time constraints for planning and budget constraints.

Any ideas? 

Re: All-Inclusive Hill Country Wedding for 25 guests-Need Venue

• Options
    edited December 2011
    hill country, boots & beer made me think of salt lick.  i've been to a rehearsal dinner there and they did a fabulous job.  i'm pretty sure they do weddings as well, but i have no idea if they have a coordinator on site that could make it "all inclusive".  there are 2 or 3 rooms of various sizes that you can rent & it's BYOB.
  • Options
    jsauer74jsauer74 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Old Coupland Inn and Dance Hall! Love it...they offer a lot of variety and have always been willing to work with couples. We had our engagement party there (I'm waiting for the disc of pics from my friend because my hard drive crashed and wiped out everything) and it was a blast! We also just ride down there to hang out and listen to music and have seen many wedding parties there! Take a look!! www.couplanddancehall.com
    Jen Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Can you do it in August? Hear that the Wedding Industry outreach is still looking for couples. I keep in touch with my venue and they are participating.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh man, August would be great.  But I can't take off work until the "back to school" season is over in early September. 

What about renting a vacation house?  Has anyone heard of this?  Big awesome house with appropriate space for a wedding in the Hill Country?  I wonder if they will allow a wedding?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check out House on the Hill.  It's fairly inexpensive.  You get the entire place to yourself for the weekend, and there are sleeping accomodations for guests.  It's not "all inclusive" but I don't think they have required vendors.  So you could potentially save a lot of money through catering, alcohol, etc.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Try Memory Lane or Kindred Oaks as well. Both are very "Texan" in a nice way and can be all inclusive.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards