Texas-Austin
Options

How to do your wedding gifts HELP!!!

Okay so I have gone over this a million times in my head and I get pros and cons to both so im opening this up to all my knotties whoms opinions I love to hear and trust. What are you doing about wedding gifts? As we all know people love to internet buy these days and most of those get shipped to you before your wedding day but what are you doing with the gifts you get on your wedding day? Will you be opening them in front of guests at the reception or will you wait and open them at home? Im just totally stuck in the middle of this as I know some people may want to see you open gifts but at the same time you will be loosing reception party with everyone time. Im also having children at my wedding which makes me believe for the younger ones it may be hard to watch someone open gifts when the child cant. Any suggestions and what are you doing? Thanks!!! RED RIVER SHOOTOUT WEEKEND!!!!!
Photobucket
April 2012 April siggy challenge: How I relax image
My Barely There Bio updated 7/12!

Re: How to do your wedding gifts HELP!!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I've been to probably 30 weddings in my life all over the country and I've never seen anyone open their gifts at the reception. 

Have someone (maybe an aunt or close friend) help gather them up and get them into the proper car to go home at the end of the night. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    MnMShawMnMShaw member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto Jen.  No one opens their gifts at the wedding.  My parents gathered all the gifts at the reception and brought them back to our place after the wedding. 
    Blog
    TTC #1 since February 2011
    BFP #1 1/14/12 EDD 9/24/12 m/c at 8w4d on 2/20/12
    March 2012- Dx with PCOS, started metformin
    July 2012- SA completely normal
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies just wanted to check I know my step mom wants me to open them at the reception I just didnt want to bore everyone or take away from the fun since youre on a time limit.
    Photobucket
    April 2012 April siggy challenge: How I relax image
    My Barely There Bio updated 7/12!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

A friend of mine took pictures of her and her new husband opening their gifts the next day and posted them on Facebook... maybe that would work for your stepmom?

• Options
    akg0053akg0053 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Since we are doing a wedding out of town (we live in Houston) we are having them brought to our hotel room right after the reception ends.
    118 image
    Not caring about missing RSVPs because there aren't any rocks!
  • Options
    erolliserollis member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have been to one wedding where the Bride and Groom opened their gifts. I wouldn't recommend doing this. Just have someone keep track/take care of them for you. It will be much better this way.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have been to a cousin's wedding where they opened the gifts the next day in the company of family during a brunch hosted at a house. That worked out nicely for them.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have never been to a wedding where gifts were opened. That being said, my aunt did say back in "her day" a reception was just 2 hours of cake, punch and gift opening. Things have definitely evolved.

My dad and stepmom took the gifts back with them after the wedding and we picked them up after our honeymoon. We left early the next morning from our hotel and they live near us so it was just most convenient to do it this way for us. I definitely recommend having a gift plan because we got a bunch of stuff shipped to our house, but twice as much at the wedding and TONS of cards at the wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards